Hi everyone - just joined up and hoping to find out some things.

I've got a 1995 E34 520i automatic. It originated in Singapore and is therefore classified as Japanese spec. I think. Largely it seems to be very similar to European spec. though.

First problem, the heating system. The A/C isn't woking and never has since I bought the car in Jan'05. I'm not too concerned about that at the moment though. What I am concerned about is the fact that any time I try to turn up the heater controls in the car, smoke starts wafting out through the vents. I am driving around at the moment with the heater controls turned to full cold - it's not until I try to turn on some heat that this problem arrises. Anyone got any idea what might be going on there ?

Also the rear window demister stopped working some time ago. I looked under the rear seat at the fuse box to find that an entire section of it had melted. Haven't figured that one out yet either but I'm about to get started on it.

Finally for now, I lock the car using the remote key fob. But when I lock it, the doors all lock and then unlock themselves again. So I've got to press the button once more which seems to tell the car the doors are now open again (which it already was anyway), and then press the button one last time to successfully lock it. Any ideas ? This one is really doing my head in !