GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OK, Gayle got me thinking - ways to better the board.

Default OK, Gayle got me thinking - ways to better the board.

I'm asking for 5 volunteers. One for each of the archive caregories.

Suspension & Steering
    Wheels, Tires & Brakes
    Engine & Drivetrain
    Body & Interior
    Electronics & Lights plus A/C

I will provide a free Bimmer.info T-Shirt and a Free Bimmer.info Baseball Cap to each of the volunteers, I will give them Administrative access to manage the specific Archive Forum, and this is what I'd like them to do:

Search the regular forum and move at least 10 pertinant and good threads from the regular forum to the topic specific archive forum.
    Watch the regular forum for additional threads that may be moved to the specific archive forum.

I also ask others to suggest posts that can/should be moved to those other forums.

First Come First Serve, post to this thread if you want one of the categories.

A Bimmer Nut for sure: '04 530im (current daily driver), '97 m3, '98 323is, '99 Z3, '01 740iL, '06 330cicm zhp, '02 R1150R, '69 r60, Owner/Operator of www.Bimmer.info and www.BimmerNut.com
    And I still maintain: '90 535im (sold to daughters best friend, one of my favorite bimmers), '92 525im (daughters other best friend now drives this one).

Default I'd be happy to take Suspension and Steering, Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer Nut Ed

Suspension & Steering
    Wheels, Tires & Brakes
    Engine & Drivetrain
    Body & Interior

I will provide a free Bimmer.info T-Shirt and a Free Bimmer.info Baseball Cap to each of the volunteers, I will give them Administrative access to manage the specific Archive Forum, and this is what I'd like them to do:

Search the regular forum and move at least 10 pertinant and good threads from the regular forum to the topic specific archive forum.
    Watch the regular forum for additional threads that may be moved to the specific archive forum.

I also ask others to suggest posts that can/should be moved to those other forums.

I'll even do it for half-price (T-shirt only)
    Bill B.
    95 525i

Suspension & Steering - billb
    Wheels, Tires & Brakes
    Engine & Drivetrain
    Body & Interior

A Bimmer Nut for sure: '04 530im (current daily driver), '97 m3, '98 323is, '99 Z3, '01 740iL, '06 330cicm zhp, '02 R1150R, '69 r60, Owner/Operator of www.Bimmer.info and www.BimmerNut.com
    And I still maintain: '90 535im (sold to daughters best friend, one of my favorite bimmers), '92 525im (daughters other best friend now drives this one).

I would do it- for free even, but I am a noob and don't know anything.

www.KaRealtySF.com
    Build Date: 05-1995 /Engine: m50tu /Automatic Transmission /ABS /NO ASC /Open Differential /EAT Chip

Suspension & Steering
    Wheels, Tires & Brakes
    Engine & Drivetrain
    Body & Interior

I'll take Electronics & Lights plus A/C.

Suspension & Steering
    Wheels, Tires & Brakes
    Engine & Drivetrain
    Body & Interior

I will take Engine & Drivetrain if noone else wants it.
    If it cannot be fixed by the dremel or ducktape.. get out the sledge...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    I miss my e34

Default Great moments?

You did not suggest this and may not want this category for reasons I am too new and too clueless to understand but what about a category

"Great moments in the history of the board"

One that could capture things like the A team poster?

Here is an even stupider suggestion. If you decide to do it, I (a newbie) would take that category. I would obviously take suggestions.
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

Hey ill take wheels tires and breaks... let me know

Default Keys to the Big O Award

This is a continuation from my thoughts about board improvement that I expressed in the other thread "this has got to stop "

I think we need a way to encourage high quality posting and not just posting. I think we need a way to reward the really knowledgable people on this board who make this a special place by providing information and suggestions that are beyond most diy types.

I don't know how the technology for this would work but I would suggest a poll like format that gathered votes for special recognition for special help. Sort of like a help hall of fame. Not just ordinary help that we all say thank you for in the posts on the thread.

I can best explain what I mean by an example. I have gotten lots of help here that I have appreciated but the help that stands out as being the most meaningful was Bill R's suggestion that helped me with my little nitrous oxide problem (blush). Having stratospheric NO levels and the CA smog test was the equivalent of automotive hell. He gave me a key to get

OUT OF AUTOMOTIVE HELL. Not all appreciated suggestions are the release from pergatory type. Some special advice results in the creation of automotive ecstasy--that blessed experience where you and your car are united in joy. Some are keys to AUTOMOTIVE ORGASM.

Hence the coveted "Keys to the Big O Award".

When I suggest a poll like format, I don't mean a contest. Just a visual so people who give the really special stuff get recognized for it. I think it would be cool if it operated like polls in that there were bars that get longer as people get more votes and so you could see who voted for people. (We would need that to keep Jeff from voting for himself repeatedly). Probably the first time someone gets a vote the moderator would have to put there name on. The Keys to the Big O Award would be a public and lasting way to say thank you to the people who are the real heavy lifters of the board.

I know I have given you lots of openings to make fun of me here, so have at it guys. Let the double entendres fly.
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

Shucks, I spend so much time here, I might as well help out. Ed, I'll do whatever nobody else wants, if nobody else wants anything.

best, whit

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast