GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: clear tail lights ???'s

Default clear tail lights ???'s

I'm planning to get some clear lights for my car. Looking in ebay, I found quite a few people selling them. One thing that got my attention is that most of them are advertised for years 89-94. I have a 95, and the very few ones that do cover the 95 model looks a little different than the others. The 89-94 ones have the clear lens in the middle of the assembly while the ones for the 95 is just the turn signal light that is clear, the rest of the color lens looks kind of stock to me. Does any one knows if these are compatible among all e34's? TIA, Dave'
    95/525i/auto/5/95 prod.date/18"rims/E31 FB/540i RB/ EAT chip/ blisteins sport/ bavauto springs

There are 2 styles of clears for the e34. One is the Classic Clears with just the turn signal Cleared.

The other is the so-called "Crystal" Tail - it has the clear part in the middle.

This is a heated debate as there are strong feelings about both.

I personally have the Hella Smoked tailights. As far as compatibility - I believe they are across the whole e34 line - JT
    Johntee540
    1994 540/6 Black - Tan - 199k
    Cardomain Site: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/737181/1

all the tails posted are interchangable. most sellers just don't have the years posted correctly.

I have the crystal tails from ebay, and got a 50% like to a 50% hate response.

I like that they have a newer car look, but others think it rice. To each his own. We all have our view of likes and dislikes.

I still like mine, but I have chosen to go smoked all around, rather that the clear look that I have. So mine will be available soon......

Good luck on your choice
    E34 540iA sold 1/06

Quote Originally Posted by playero
    I'm planning to get some clear lights for my car. Looking in ebay, I found quite a few people selling them. One thing that got my attention is that most of them are advertised for years 89-94. I have a 95, and the very few ones that do cover the 95 model looks a little different than the others. The 89-94 ones have the clear lens in the middle of the assembly while the ones for the 95 is just the turn signal light that is clear, the rest of the color lens looks kind of stock to me. Does any one knows if these are compatible among all e34's? TIA, Dave'
    Whatever you do go with Hella.

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

Thanks to everyone. I still have to decide which ones to get. I kind of like the crystal clear ones and mre likely those are the ones I will be geting. Just one last question, how can I find out which ones are the Hella ones??
    95/525i/auto/5/95 prod.date/18"rims/E31 FB/540i RB/ EAT chip/ blisteins sport/ bavauto springs

Thanks to everyone. I still have to decide which ones to get. I kind of like the crystal clear ones and mre likely those are the ones I will be geting. Just one last question, how can I find out which ones are the Hella ones??
    Where are you getting them? The eBay ones usually aren't Hella. You can always ask though. Someone on this board had quoted me a price, but I can't remember.

I really have no idea as of where to get them, I was thinking ebay. Really it does not matter to me as I will not be able to install them for a few months I'm deployed in Afghanistan and until I get back home in a few months, I just want them to be there once I get home. Do you know where to get the Hella ones??

the Hellas are a lot more expensive but I think worth it as I have the Depos and they arent really the best of quality. Spend some time and find the part numbers for the Hella units and then google the number, might work might not but sometimed I get a good deal that way.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

I really have no idea as of where to get them, I was thinking ebay. Really it does not matter to me as I will not be able to install them for a few months I'm deployed in Afghanistan and until I get back home in a few months, I just want them to be there once I get home. Do you know where to get the Hella ones??
    I think "BMWE34M5" sells such parts. He gave me a quote on turn signal lenses. You could also check with BMA. I'm sure this forum will have other suggestions for you.