GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: My Bimmer :D

Thanks for ALL your comments, including yours UKM5!!

Yes I did pay £350 for it, but it was off a mate of a mate, who needed cash quickly for a holiday. Prior to him owning it, I beleive it had been stood for over a year, and so could definitely do with some TLC.

The only rust is at the bottom of the drivers door, where I believe is extremely common, and a small spot just below the petrol cap. Yes, the boot lid is an eye-sore, and I do intend to replace it - but I want to find another in the same colour, because I am too poor to get one sprayed!!

As for the grille - the guy I bought it off sprayed it, thinking it looks cool. I dont mind it, but it would look better if the rest of the chrome was blacked out as well...

The photo's were taken up on Dartmoor, and obviously I live in Devon, which is mainly sh1t covered roads, and fields, so it can be quite hard work keeping it clean for longer than 2 days!!

The engine is solid - doesn't smoke/burn oil, still pulls like a train, and sounds like a beast. I have had it up to 140mph, and I can't feel any of this "shimmying" I hear you all talking about...
    Interior wise, I don't know what colour you would call the leather - I call it cream, but it does need a clean, but there are no holes, and the drivers seat is barely worn. All electrics work, except the fan, which is either off, or full blast, and the air con, which is the old type, but living in England, I have no need for it! Oh, the instrument cluster is tempramental, and the LKM needs fixing/replacing cos driving at night is like driving in a disco!!

The reason I bought this car originally was because my old car's MOT was running out, and there was no chance it would get through, so I just needed a cheap car, quick.

I've never owned a BMW before, but now I have a 5er, I am hooked!!! I never realised how nice to drive these cars are, and what a wolf in sheeps clothing it is!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BM-BOY
    Thanks for ALL your comments, including yours UKM5!!

Yes I did pay £350 for it, but it was off a mate of a mate, who needed cash quickly for a holiday. Prior to him owning it, I beleive it had been stood for over a year, and so could definitely do with some TLC.

The only rust is at the bottom of the drivers door, where I believe is extremely common, and a small spot just below the petrol cap. Yes, the boot lid is an eye-sore, and I do intend to replace it - but I want to find another in the same colour, because I am too poor to get one sprayed!!

As for the grille - the guy I bought it off sprayed it, thinking it looks cool. I dont mind it, but it would look better if the rest of the chrome was blacked out as well...
    h
    The photo's were taken up on Dartmoor, and obviously I live in Devon, which is mainly sh1t covered roads, and fields, so it can be quite hard work keeping it clean for longer than 2 days!!

The engine is solid - doesn't smoke/burn oil, still pulls like a train, and sounds like a beast. I have had it up to 140mph, and I can't feel any of this "shimmying" I hear you all talking about...
    Interior wise, I don't know what colour you would call the leather - I call it , wcream, but it does need a clean, but there are no holes, and the drivers seat is barely worn. All electrics work, except the fan, which is either off, or full blast, and the air con, which is the old type, but living in England, I have no need for it! Oh, the instrument cluster is tempramental, and the LKM needs fixing/replacing cos driving at night is like driving in a disco!!

The reason I bought this car originally was because my old car's MOT was running out, and there was no chance it would get through, so I just needed a cheap car, quick.

I've never owned a BMW before, but now I have a 5er, I am hooked!!! I never realised how nice to drive these cars are, and what a wolf in sheeps clothing it is!!!
    1st of all welcome! dont worry bout buyin a lemon as i bought mine with a shot crank as i couldnt afford a spanking one!
    i cant tell what colour yours is from the pictures,is she dark blue or black? if its dark blue im going to look at a 5er at the weekend i believe its dark blue!! im just lookin to rip the engine out (and a couple of other bits and pieces)so if you want i can do you the bootlid(if its any good) for the cost of postage as i was just gonna scrap the rest anyways

Hey, that would be ideal - mine is dark blue (dunno what BMW call it!!)

ukm5 Guest

your all missing the point - all you muppets saying i bought mine non running bla bla now its worth 3000 more!!! completely blinkered attitude
    this car has a list as long as your arm of things wrong and with these cars that means 1, that its been badly looked after, 2, you will spend more than its worth fixing it, 3 you will be there forever fixing all the issues

Yea man you;v got a good car for a good price if i was in your position i would get this car too

ukm5 Guest

what do u do for a living ve39?

Quote Originally Posted by ukm5
    what do u do for a living ve39?
    there you go again!!! do you ever give up?
    the guy bought it, he will deal with it, hard to go wrong for the price, it is called a project.
    Not everyone has your amount of cash (or attitude, thankfully), no need to punish him repeatedly.
    As Bill pointed out, nothing he could not easily fix, maybe YOU can't deal with it, but others can.
    I spend more than 350$ on a pair of tires, but I have more class than to blast the guy all day long for buying a project.

tell us UKM5, what do YOU do?
    ^°^ ><((({º>°°

ukm5 Guest

your a tosser sharkman, cant got wrong for the price, your an arsehole if thats what you think, and i work for bmw main dealers, have done for 14 years

i think a thread lock may be in order here, this really is going nowhere ....

Quote Originally Posted by ukm5
    your a tosser sharkman, cant got wrong for the price, your an arsehole if thats what you think, and i work for bmw main dealers, have done for 14 years

Ok so let me get this right...

You worked for a (many perhaps) BMW Dealership... you need not say more about you arrogance. You're the guy telling people that they're '01 328 is "out-dated" and they should look at a new E65. Here's the deal:

You work for BMW for 14 years. You have a rather stock E34. You're new to the board. Your wheels are ugly. 350 for a car that has nothing more than some irritating things wrong is superb. I agree with sharkman, blow it out your ass. PS: if you ever want to compare your cars condition vs. another, hit me up I'll fly mine to the UK you can get real close look, stop your ignorance.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast