GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: At $3.00 a gallon e34 518s are gonna get popular !

Default At $3.00 a gallon e34 518s are gonna get popular !

Its time to crank up the throttle stop on my car. Need to get this thing above the 20 mpg mark for city driving !
    Derek A.
    90 535i 5 Speed - Style 5 17"

Quote Originally Posted by Derek A.
    Its time to crank up the throttle stop on my car. Need to get this thing above the 20 mpg mark for city driving !
    I can't get close to 20 mpg in the city!

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

If fuel was $3 a gallon here in the UK Id be having a party ! I would never care what mpg I got either Id drive it like I stole it.

Ours is about $8 a gallon!

1991 BMW 525i sport manual, BBTB, Mintex Extreme Pads, Bilstein dampers and Eibach springs,Viper2 chip, //M5 Replica.

Quote Originally Posted by Rory525
    If fuel was $3 a gallon here in the UK Id be having a party ! I would never care what mpg I got either Id drive it like I stole it.

You'd get better mileage if you swapped out the ///M5 insignia for a 525. ///M5's are terrible on gas.

Robin

72 Chevy K10
    01 E39 M5

if winfred and others didn't dislike the m40 so much i'd probably be saving my pennies for a 318i e36 4 door (debadged, of course ). ....always thought it would be an economical addition.

its gonna be weird when the market for honda crx's explodes and they arent worth 1000$ any more.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Quote Originally Posted by ryan roopnarine
    if winfred and others didn't dislike the m40 so much i'd probably be saving my pennies for a 318i e36 4 door (debadged, of course ). ....always thought it would be an economical addition.

its gonna be weird when the market for honda crx's explodes and they arent worth 1000$ any more.
    Ryan -- buy one and count the oil leaks

And CRXes....from what I know, they're sought after these days.

best, whit

Default $54.50 for a fill up

That's what I paid last night.

As far a a 518. I don't know? sounds a little under powered.

My M20 get @ 20 MPG in the city with the A/C running, so I'll just keep paying up.

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........

I filled up yesterday around 11:30am, 2.74/gallon. Went to work, asked the hotties if they wanted to borrow my Sam's card to get gas (they did). One person said that gas prices wouldn't move, when I left work at 4pm it was 2.90, today 93 was 2.99. One station I used to go to quit selling gas, he's doing nothing but repairs now. A shame, he had good prices. he's a good wrench though.

I was with one of the aforementioned hotties yesterday filling up her car for her, the guy in the 'burb next to me spent $113.00 to fill up. YIKES. The fill then pay era is over, all of the stations here are making you pay first.

Quote Originally Posted by Rory525

Oh Rory please.... There have been lots of posts recently about how in the US we pay for the social programs through other taxes that are rolled into gases prices in other countries. It is not an apples to apples comparison.

We don't want to think we got it so good just cause we don't see the cost of our social programs at the pump like you do. We want to whine about how TERRIBLE it is. It is FRACKING $3 a gal. There are a small number of members of this board who can remember when it was 25cents a gal.

We whine about the cost of our social programs at two other times--on April 15 when we pay our income taxes and the whining season that proceeds the election where we wine about the cost of everything for the six to nine months and get it out of our systems.
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

about the only thing i bitch about on the m42/44 (we didn't get the m40 in the states) is the crappy timing rails/tensioner, the one on the 90 318 i got my cousin took a **** and bent valves on every cylinder, personally if a 318 was my aim id get a e30 because they are looking better as they age, the interiors on the cheep/less cared for e36s are falling apart and really looking shitty, most of the disposible e30s have been killed, that and the e30 interior is better and longer lasting, get a nice e30 318 5 speed for about $2k and pump a few hundred into the front of the motor and it's good ta go

Quote Originally Posted by ryan roopnarine
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast