GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: New Ignition Wires, Plugs, Distributor & Rotor

Default New Ignition Wires, Plugs, Distributor & Rotor

Well we got the new ignition wires, plugs, distributor and rotor installed yesterday (Sorry Gayle it was a day yesterday). The old plugs didn't look all that bad, but they did have 39,000 miles on them. I saw some improvement in gas mileage. I hadn't reset the 2nd mileage reading in a long time and lately it had dropped a few tenths over the last couple months. Over the drive home those tenths were restored.

I probably could have gone a lot longer, without doing this, but I'm glad I did.

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

Just done the same on mine!
    Took 3 days to work out how to take the pulse generator cable off (thanks for them what helped with that), but once I did that it only took 15 mins!
    Plugs were alright, but cap and rotor arm were shafted. Lots of wear & pitting. Cables were held together by black tape, so they needed doing too!
    Car started 1st time and seems to be ok, which is nice!
    Hope it helps my MPG too, I'm only getting 25 atm, but then I'm only doing short journeys.

One job down, another 100 to do!!!

B.

Quote Originally Posted by oharab
    Just done the same on mine!
    Took 3 days to work out how to take the pulse generator cable off (thanks for them what helped with that), but once I did that it only took 15 mins!
    Plugs were alright, but cap and rotor arm were shafted. Lots of wear & pitting. Cables were held together by black tape, so they needed doing too!
    Car started 1st time and seems to be ok, which is nice!
    Hope it helps my MPG too, I'm only getting 25 atm, but then I'm only doing short journeys.

One job down, another 100 to do!!!

B.
    That Pulse Generator Cable is something else huh! You can't see anything. My brother's the mechanic in the family. It took him about 10-15 minutes to figure it out. I'm just learning.

winfred helped me out with this one
    I'm no mechaninc, took a lot of fumbling to find the wire clip. Wouldn't have even noticed it if I hadn't been told to feel for it!

B.

The reason the cable is tough is it's totally hidden and you have to go by feel. I didn't even know what it was. All I was thinking is that there is always something when you think you're going to do a straight forward fix. Greg M., uscharalph's bro. GO BRUINS!

Quote Originally Posted by Mendozart
    The reason the cable is tough is it's totally hidden and you have to go by feel. I didn't even know what it was. All I was thinking is that there is always something when you think you're going to do a straight forward fix. Greg M., uscharalph's bro. GO BRUINS!
    Thanks for the help again, Greg! See you tommorrow night.

GO TROJANS!

By the way, I've noticed an noticleable improvement in the way the car's driving today, as opposed to yesterday, not that it wasn't running well before. I guess the computer's adjusting? Maybe I'm just imagining it.