GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: Does anyone here use Netzero?

Default OT: Does anyone here use Netzero?

If so how do you like it? I am thinking about their Highspeed 3G service (which I know is still dial up). It is affordable for me. Any feedback?

Thanks,

Michael
    Mustbr8kfree
    1995 525i, Shadowline,EAT chip, Alpine

Some coworkers do, they're pleased. Is basic DSL or something not available in your area? Here it is 24.95/mo or so.

Quote Originally Posted by rickm
    Some coworkers do, they're pleased. Is basic DSL or something not available in your area? Here it is 24.95/mo or so.
    High speed cable in my area runs about $35 per month. I don't use the internet enough at home to justify that much. My wife needs it more than I do. I was reading some unkind things about Netzero on www.isprank.com

Not sure who to go with. It is like shopping for cell phone carriers. They all suck in some form or fashion.
    Mustbr8kfree

Verizon is promoting $15 DSL Internet... slower speed but still way better than dial up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger
    Verizon is promoting $15 DSL Internet... slower speed but still way better than dial up.
    Thanks for the tip...they don't offer it in my area yet.
    Mustbr8kfree

SBC is $19.95, Verizon is $15 with a 1 yr contract, sounds decent to me if you aren't in the boonies
    1995 540iA M-Sport - 76k miles. 1 of 1 auto AW3 cars.
    1995 540i/6 - Misc Parts donor for above.

steal wireless from the neighbors?
    93 525i / 01 330Ci / 98 Camry / 91 Volvo 240 / 99 Jeep GC

Prior to getting DSL at home I used Netzero high speed and was pleased with it compared to previous dial up service, and it is inexpensive. Don't expect the same speed for down loads or uploads as you would get with basic "surfing".
    As stated above, finding an open wireless connection is fairly easy, there are usually one or two others in our own neighborhood. Sometimes while on vacation or business trips, open connections are readily available, too. Of course, you cannot count on this all the time.

I forgot about leeching off of your neighbors. I do that, the folks next door (moved in, now they've left the US for a few months) have 3mb DSL. My Mac sits on the side of the house that is closest to theirs and picks up their signal. Great way to run Bitorrent and not have the mrs complain.

I wonder how many suits from the RIAA and MPAA are against people that left their WIFI open and if they'll still be held responsible.
    93 525i / 01 330Ci / 98 Camry / 91 Volvo 240 / 99 Jeep GC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast