GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Online ETK URL?

Default Online ETK URL?

Why am I having such a hard time finding the url for the online ETK? I thought the link was in the Quick Links tab.
    1990 535i 5-sp., except for 16" M-Contours, cd deck, and clear corners, completely stock. 226k and running strong

thanks
    1990 535i 5-sp., except for 16" M-Contours, cd deck, and clear corners, completely stock. 226k and running strong

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch90535im
    Why am I having such a hard time finding the url for the online ETK? I thought the link was in the Quick Links tab.
    Heres's another one, a little different from realoem: http://www.bmwtoolkit.com/index.php?...pper&Itemid=56

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

Default sweet dude!

Now I have a backup for when the real oem site is down or slow!

Quote Originally Posted by uscharalph
    Heres's another one, a little different from realoem: http://www.bmwtoolkit.com/index.php?...pper&Itemid=56
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

I tried a couple lookups on that site. Didn't work nearly as well as realoem, IMO. Realoem's serial lookup works well and, I imagine, significantly reduces error. This other site doesn't have it, and requires that you enter the data manually. Every time you visit. Plus, the three systems I looked at, not one of the illustrations came up. Three pages, three red 'x's. Think I'll be sticking with realoem.

Quote Originally Posted by SRR2
    I tried a couple lookups on that site. Didn't work nearly as well as realoem, IMO. Realoem's serial lookup works well and, I imagine, significantly reduces error. This other site doesn't have it, and requires that you enter the data manually. Every time you visit. Plus, the three systems I looked at, not one of the illustrations came up. Three pages, three red 'x's. Think I'll be sticking with realoem.
    The real benefit of the other ETK is when you're figuring what other models a part fits and as a backup to realoem.

Once you get to a part number, it will be in blue and underlined. Click on it and it will show you every other model that part was used on. Great if you're selling something on eBay, you can use that info in your listing.

Hey, now that's pretty cool. I missed it. Thanks for pointing it out. I have this collection of oil filter cartridges from past 3.5L 6es that I'd be willing to give away if someone pays shipping. I'm gonna give this a try to see what engines they actually are designed for. Heh heh... Yeah, I do know what I owned, but some of these were an error in ordering and/or shipment.

Just wait until they port the new version of ETK onto the web. I kinda like it, some say it sucks ass.

Much more graphical.

Go figure.

best, whit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast