GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: no locks, no windows, no wipers

Default no locks, no windows, no wipers

my lock cylinder came off the other day. went to a locksmith to remove the locking mechanism... behold... a broken part... the problem now is i still dont have a replacement so i closed it... with the parts out...

the problem now is that locking or unlocking the car is impossible... also my windows do not work... and funnily enough the wiper is either at high or off... is this normal when you remove the whole locking system or something else went bonkers... everything was normal before i did this...

Quote Originally Posted by pong
    my lock cylinder came off the other day. went to a locksmith to remove the locking mechanism... behold... a broken part... the problem now is i still dont have a replacement so i closed it... with the parts out...

the problem now is that locking or unlocking the car is impossible... also my windows do not work... and funnily enough the wiper is either at high or off... is this normal when you remove the whole locking system or something else went bonkers... everything was normal before i did this...
    Replace the fusible link under the rear seat.
    BMW E34 528i, M52B28 + M50 manifold, Remus exhaust, ///M Parallel Spoke 18" rims

central fuse is blown or there's a hairline crack in it. located in a small black box near the battery.
    greets from Germany,
    Kai

A BMW is a black car with most rights in road traffic.

that isn't a fusible link problem if the wipers have no speeds other than fast or off, its a general module problem. i'd start by disconnecting the battery for at least 30 minutes. if that doesn't get it, you may have to remove the general module with the battery disconnected and reconnect it, if that doesn't work......well you might have problems.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

that isn't a fusible link problem if the wipers have no speeds other than fast or off, its a general module problem
    yes, and guess which module gets no power anymore if this fuse is blown?
    Last edited by Kai@e34.de; 08-27-2005 at 02:21 PM.
    greets from Germany,
    Kai

A BMW is a black car with most rights in road traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan roopnarine
    that isn't a fusible link problem if the wipers have no speeds other than fast or off, its a general module problem. i'd start by disconnecting the battery for at least 30 minutes. if that doesn't get it, you may have to remove the general module with the battery disconnected and reconnect it, if that doesn't work......well you might have problems.
    The wipers are probablly a seperate problem from the others.

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

Default Nope, Ryan is right, low speeds in wipers ...

are handled by GM, High speed is independent. Check all fuses, including F47 under rear seat.

Javier