GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Well, I think i'm finally going to sell the 535... I think its

Default Well, I think i'm finally going to sell the 535... I think its

time to put my money where my mouth is. I have one customer who's going to buy the van as soon as i fix some of the small details that i want right before i sell and one customer who's been wanting the 535 for over a year, I've been spending more and more time at the various prius sites and think its about time to get one as soon as i do the payoff on the wagon.. so even though i hate to see it go I think its probably time..

oh nooooo..... that means I'm going to now have to buy a Prius toooo.
    Bellevue WA
    90 535iM - not much stock remains. 3.7 liters, ported head, cammed, 3.73 diffy, M5 brakes, MAFed, yadda yadda yadda
    86 Porsche 951 - Track Toy

Just promise you'll come back to the life of the E34 sedan!!!! I strayed to the e39, but after a few months of owning it i can promise my next car will be a well-suited e34.
    1995 540iA M-Sport - 76k miles. 1 of 1 auto AW3 cars.
    1995 540i/6 - Misc Parts donor for above.

a prius? wtf for???
    funny story, my friend just bought a mk4 golf tdi and drove it to purdue from nj,
    50mpg avg...his dad made the same trip in his prius, 47mpg

heheheh

needless to say, prius owners are idiots. =]

Default Prius will beat it in town...

On the open road, the Prius has to use it's combustion engine for the load. In town, it can regenerate energy via braking then appy it thru the electic motor. The Golf TDI doesn't have that advantage.

Moral: Choose your weapon based on where you spend the bulk of your time.

Quote Originally Posted by bahnstormer
    a prius? wtf for???
    funny story, my friend just bought a mk4 golf tdi and drove it to purdue from nj,

heheheh

Bellevue WA
    90 535iM - not much stock remains. 3.7 liters, ported head, cammed, 3.73 diffy, M5 brakes, MAFed, yadda yadda yadda
    86 Porsche 951 - Track Toy

The Golf is very easy to fix with any motor issues that may arrise. The prius? Well, good luck after the warranty goes

Quote Originally Posted by Bill R.
    time to put my money where my mouth is. I have one customer who's going to buy the van as soon as i fix some of the small details that i want right before i sell and one customer who's been wanting the 535 for over a year, I've been spending more and more time at the various prius sites and think its about time to get one as soon as i do the payoff on the wagon.. so even though i hate to see it go I think its probably time..
    Hopefully you'll be back.

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

LOL, what's a Prius?

It sounds fuel efficient, but give me the legendary, fuel slurping 535 any day!

Default Statements like that just convince me that you're an

idiot. I talk to 3 prius owners here that all own the 2nd generation prius and they all have lifetime fuel usage averages over 50 mpg, thats city and highway. Most prius owners that check mileage versus the computed gas mileage say that the computer is about 1.5 to 2 mpg on the conservative side. As far as comparing it to a golf tdi, i work on vw's and wouldn't wish one on my worst enemy, they've gone from one of the best cars in my opinion back in the 60's and 70's to one of the worst now. The tdi is better than most vw's but still far to troublesome for me. Toyota's reputation with the prius is unmatched. Even if you keep one for a year only and take the tax credit the odds are good you can get what you paid for it based on current resale values for them. The electric hermetic compressor powered ac makes it worth the price of admission to me alone. The atkinson cycle engine that they use still has a lot more potential for future gains also. Not to mention the number of people now who are making their priuses into plug in hybrids really increasing mileage into the 150 to 250 mpg areas for city commuters.
    Plus its a new technology thats coming to everybody and i thought i had better start learning now. The last thing i am concerned with is what happens after the warranty runs out. I think i'll be able to handle it. And the battery and associated hybrid components are warranteed by toyota for 8 years or 100k anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by bahnstormer
    a prius? wtf for???

heheheh

Very laudable !
    Only problem, IMHO, is that they handle like...like....like....well like a Toyota !
    Wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.
    I cannot understand why they can't make the Prius more like a real car when it comes to the enjoyment side of things - why not the best of both worlds ?
    If they are available where you are, I would choose one of the second generation CDI diesels in the latest 530d or even better the 535d.
    Fuel efficiency; get up and went; and real driving pleasure !
    Last edited by Zeuk in Oz; 08-25-2005 at 05:41 PM.

"I'm not the village idiot.
    But when he retires I'm next on the list."

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast