GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: problems on hubcentric ring

Default problems on hubcentric ring

Hi guys! can anyone help me with my problem on hubcentric rings? I bought a 19inch Breyton Imagine rims for my e34, the problem is whenever i reach the speed of 40mph-50mph my car starts to shake or wiggle. since I bought a rim fiitted for a e39 my mechanic told me to put a hubcentric ring. I followed his advice and put a hubcentric ring, at first i thought it did the trick but after a few runs my problem came back. I don't have any other things to blame since I already change all my under chasis and suspensions. is there any diffrence between a plastic hubcentric ring from a aluminum one? is there any other solution on my problem? hel me guys.

Default E34 "faux pax"

+4 anyone?

Dude, it is universally understood that anything bigger than 18s on an E34 is a big mistake. These cars were designed for 15s, so you can expect problems when you deviate so far from what these cars were engineered for.

Quote Originally Posted by kamote
    Hi guys! can anyone help me with my problem on hubcentric rings? I bought a 19inch Breyton Imagine rims for my e34, the problem is whenever i reach the speed of 40mph-50mph my car starts to shake or wiggle. since I bought a rim fiitted for a e39 my mechanic told me to put a hubcentric ring. I followed his advice and put a hubcentric ring, at first i thought it did the trick but after a few runs my problem came back. I don't have any other things to blame since I already change all my under chasis and suspensions. is there any diffrence between a plastic hubcentric ring from a aluminum one? is there any other solution on my problem? hel me guys.

Replace the plastic hubcentric rings with aluminum ones. The plastic have a tendency to break apart, especially when used with heavier wheels, and 19" cast alloys rims with tires weigh about 70 lbs.

Default take extra time to make sure the lugs bolts are torqued correctly.

also tighten in a star pattern

Who is a good source for aluminum rings, and how are they sized?

Default I got a set this past week from The Tire Rack.

Tell them you want # A670, 74-72.56 mm aluminum hubcentric ring.
    $3.00 ea + S&H
    JR
    1992 525 IA, EAT chip, 16 x 7.5 Rondell 58's, BavAuto Springs, Bilstein Sports, Elipsoid Smileys & fogs, Z3 Pistol grip shifter, 4 VDO gauge package, Azure Blue w/nice patina - clearcoat shot

Sorry, I didn't want to start a new thread for a similar question... I recently purchased an E34 that came with 18" BMW replica wheels... they're kinda wide, and if I turn to full lock, I think they hit something inside the wheel well... is it possible the offset is, well, off? Is there any way to check for proper offset? I don't know the specs of the wheels it came with, and I was wondering if there was a way to check if everything was setup right.

... Oh, regarding the original question, if your wiggle isn't caused by bad bushings or control arms, there are 2 other possible causes:

-bad tire balancing
    -busted tire... this can happen sometimes if you run over speed bumps, road reflectors, etc... this can break or tear the steel belt inside the tire and cause a wiggle at those speeds.
    Last edited by jplacson; 02-29-2004 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JR'Z 525
    Tell them you want # A670, 74-72.56 mm aluminum hubcentric ring.
    $3.00 ea + S&H
    JR
    Thanks!!!