GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best option to get cd capability.

Default Best option to get cd capability.

What's the best option to get my 92 525i cd compatible? It's currently just got the stock am/fm cassette. I've seen a few threads about sound and what not, but if I could pick up the factory cd changer cheap, I might just go that route instead of replacing the headunit. Thanks, from a newbie BMW owner.

Do you have the leads for the changer in your trunk (left side)? On the right side, near the jack, is there a CD logo?

I work at Best Buy. You can just buy a CD stacker for a couple hundred. I use my stock CD changer. One good thing is, I've bought Alpine speakers (Type-S) from my store. Just for clearer sound, I'm going to have the stock speaker covers- I hate aftermarket sound product looks. Good luck man.

I'll check for the things mentioned. I was under the impression that year 90 on up were all "cd ready".

So, any cd stacker would work then?

Just get a CD headunit... easy to swap out, and look better than dodgy old cassette headunits... If you get one with mp3 capability as well, then you'll be able to get loads of tracks on 1 CD, and wont need to keep changing the CD!!

Quote Originally Posted by BM-BOY
    Just get a CD headunit... easy to swap out, and look better than dodgy old cassette headunits... If you get one with mp3 capability as well, then you'll be able to get loads of tracks on 1 CD, and wont need to keep changing the CD!!

I would do that too, but I HATE the whole Techno/robot looks that all the HU's have these days.

www.KaRealtySF.com
    Build Date: 05-1995 /Engine: m50tu /Automatic Transmission /ABS /NO ASC /Open Differential /EAT Chip

Is there anyway to get some kind of adapter to work for an iPod on a stock radio?

Yeah, but some of those Blaupunkt headunits look quite nice - they seem to have a little more class about them, and its what Mercedes use in their cars...

Quote Originally Posted by olsan100
    Is there anyway to get some kind of adapter to work for an iPod on a stock radio?
    I don't think anyone's come up with an answer for that except the fm modulators or cassette adapters. You'd probably make a lot of money if you did.

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

Quote Originally Posted by liquidtiger720
    I would do that too, but I HATE the whole Techno/robot looks that all the HU's have these days.
    2 words, Nakamichi CD-400. the only thing that looks more stock is the Business CD radio from the Z3.
    1995 540iA M-Sport - 76k miles. 1 of 1 auto AW3 cars.
    1995 540i/6 - Misc Parts donor for above.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast