GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Any Canadians out there ever order from The Tire Rack?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Any Canadians out there ever order from The Tire Rack?

Any hassles with customs? In the end, did you save any money versus buying retail locally?

Thanks.

A friend in TO ordered a set of yoko's in for his 928: Including UPS fees and their brokerage charges, he still saved ~ 1/3 over his best local price.
    I was about to try the same, but took a flyer on a 'EVO Z' tire (Z - speed rated, tread wear of 420!) offered by Goodyear dealers. Out the door with installation, tape weight balancing, full hazard insurance, and HST (15%) for a whopping $690 Cdn - yeah, that's for 4: here, that is a good deal - and they stick like xxxx in the wet.

Quote Originally Posted by GS535i
    A friend in TO ordered a set of yoko's in for his 928: Including UPS fees and their brokerage charges, he still saved ~ 1/3 over his best local price.
    I was about to try the same, but took a flyer on a 'EVO Z' tire (Z - speed rated, tread wear of 420!) offered by Goodyear dealers. Out the door with installation, tape weight balancing, full hazard insurance, and HST (15%) for a whopping $690 Cdn - yeah, that's for 4: here, that is a good deal - and they stick like xxxx in the wet.
    Interesting. So maybe I should keep my eyes open for specials in the paper as well as considering the Tire Rack. But it's good to know that the 'Rack still makes sense for me.

Please tell me more about your tires. They sound interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by jaylebo
    Any hassles with customs? In the end, did you save any money versus buying retail locally?

Thanks.
    You may save a bit but it's more complicated if you have any warranty issues. I always buy my tires from Steelcase Tire in Markham. The price they quote will include installation and balancing.
    Plus, the Toyo T1R's I have were available in Canada before the USA, so I had no other option.

MarkD

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD
    You may save a bit but it's more complicated if you have any warranty issues. I always buy my tires from Steelcase Tire in Markham. The price they quote will include installation and balancing.
    Plus, the Toyo T1R's I have were available in Canada before the USA, so I had no other option.

MarkD
    I've used Steelcase Tire too, and I was very satisfied. I did once have a warranty issue (sidewall failure) and replacement was quick and painless. They're good guys. I might just end up there.