GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great link for repair info

Default Great link for repair info

I am sure a lot of you guys know about this site, but I thought I would post it again. I came across a few great links off of it including a haynes manual online.
    http://tridem.han-solo.net/auto/erich/auto.htm

haha....You mean Shogun's site?!

Mbo...that's on the bottom of every post he submits.

Great, dude...you brought a smile to my face...needed it after losing a #%@# ebay auction to a (2) newbie a few mins ago.

#%!# !!

argh. I'm so frustrated.

best, whit

Quote Originally Posted by lowell

Great, dude...you brought a smile to my face...needed it after losing a #%@# ebay auction to a (2) newbie a few mins ago.

#%!# !!

argh. I'm so frustrated.

best, whit

bipnip could save you from ever experiencing that frustation again. 25cents a bid and worth every penny.
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

haha....You mean Shogun's site?!

Mbo...that's on the bottom of every post he submits.

#%!# !!

argh. I'm so frustrated.

best, whit
    ... Wasn't me...

Quote Originally Posted by Gayle
    bipnip could save you from ever experiencing that frustation again. 25cents a bid and worth every penny.

I'm just pissed off because at the last second, I got distracted (someone called me) and my computer went slow. So I was outbid in the last 10 seconds by a n00b (2) who seems to be on a car shopping spree. I emailed the seller and said that I wanted it if the high bidder fell through; this was in addition to going and test driving the thing yesterday (and having it snap a serpentine belt about a mile away from the dealership in the middle of a downpour -- THAT was a fun experience...guy in a *pristine* grand national T gave me a lift). So we'll see what happens. I'll probably give him a call, regardless....just to bitch and beg.

best, whit

I'm just pissed off because at the last second, I got distracted (someone called me) and my computer went slow. So I was outbid in the last 10 seconds by a n00b (2) who seems to be on a car shopping spree. I emailed the seller and said that I wanted it if the high bidder fell through; this was in addition to going and test driving the thing yesterday (and having it snap a serpentine belt about a mile away from the dealership in the middle of a downpour -- THAT was a fun experience...guy in a *pristine* grand national T gave me a lift). So we'll see what happens. I'll probably give him a call, regardless....just to bitch and beg.

best, whit
    That sucks man, thats why if ebay requires last second bids you gotta unplug the phone..

So what are you looking for btw?

-Charles
    If it cannot be fixed by the dremel or ducktape.. get out the sledge...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    I miss my e34

Quote Originally Posted by dacoyote
    That sucks man, thats why if ebay requires last second bids you gotta unplug the phone..

-Charles

I used to be the queen of the last 10 second bid until got out bid on something I had been stalking for a month by someone who always managed to get her bid in in the last 3 seconds. (Researched her buy history). So pissed. That is when I started using bidnip. You never get out bid again. And you don't get busted on being on ebay at work. First 5 bids are free.

http://www.bidnip.com/
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

Quote Originally Posted by Gayle
    I used to be the queen of the last 10 second bid until got out bid on something I had been stalking for a month by someone who always managed to get her bid in in the last 3 seconds. (Researched her buy history). So pissed. That is when I started using bidnip. You never get out bid again. And you don't get busted on being on ebay at work. First 5 bids are free.

http://www.bidnip.com/

never heard of that... I am pretty good at sniping, and enjoy it, but this sounds less stressful.... you just win without trying!
    THANKS!
    ^°^ ><((({º>°°

I feel like a dumb little noob!

Quote Originally Posted by dacoyote

-Charles
    A semi-decent Grand Cherokee to get me around this winter while I slave away on Fritz. Like Bruno, I appreciate the stronger points of the ZJ. Rich Dorffer and Brett think I'm .

I've looked at a bunch of them in the past few weeks. Most are in **** condition. I drove a '98 around the turn of the millenium. These days, if it's in Cleveland, it's got the typical rust. I stopped by Ganley Ford in Bedford to look at a '97 Orvis. The thing had multiple perforations and a bad case of rust through on a rear door. Moreover, despite a limited professional association with Ganley's BMW dealership, they wouldn't let me test drive the thing! Claimed it was unfair to other ebayers. Then, the salesman made some disparaging remarks that I can't repeat, including the words "BMW" and "sell" and "it". Bump that.

Completely, completely O/T thread hijacking going on here, but....this story deserves retelling:

Then, I came across this one. Called the guy on Thursday, scheduled to test drive it on Saturday. A woman with -- I'm not even kidding -- the most beautiful rack I've ever seen shows me the thing. As we're walking outside to it, it starts to pour. The battery was flat and she ran to get me a jumper box. Use your imagination

The thing drove well, sounded good, everything worked...just what I'm looking for. I get about a mile away from the lot, down a long country road -- still pouring -- and the power steering goes, then it stalls out. I think about it for a second and decide that the serpentine had snapped.

There was nothing I could do about it, especially with a flat battery, so I left it in the middle of the road with the blinkers on and started walking back. At the point about equidistant from the car and the lot, there was a car wash. The rain had stopped by the time I'd reached that point and a dude pulls up to me and asks where I'm going/if I want a lift. The car is *pristine*. I get in and notice the Turbo 3.8 badge. He punches it and we take OFF. I'm impressed -- "This is a Grand National Turbo, isn't it? Aren't these things....REALLY rare?" The dude said, "haha -- if only I had a penny for every time I heard that!"

I felt bad for the guy for letting me and my soaked clothes anywhere near his car. That is, until I stepped back inside the showroom and the hot saleswoman started grabbing my arm like I was a piece of countryfried chicken on BBQ night at the local church.

best, whit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast