GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: anyone have any mileage on the BMP ball joint boots?..

Default anyone have any mileage on the BMP ball joint boots?..

i just got my set in the mail, and mocked them up to a control arm i had lying around.....BIG question

do they stay on well?
    as these things i got have no bottom "lip" to engage with the rim on the ball joint, i wonder how well they actually work in practice. i guess the weight of the car puts enough force on it to hold it down? anyone with practical experience, please. if they DO work well in the real world, i can see a REEEAALLL big savings by strapping them on the hamburg technic/trw arms that they sell on ebay (you all know, the one package that has two thrust arms, two control arms, all m5 bushings, two tie rods and a pittman arm for $250 or so).

if i had my dig. camera here id take a pic to show you all what I got. right now, they have a special on, its 4 boots plus 100g tube of lubro moly MoS2 grease for under $11.

on a tangent....them durn germanians damn well know how to do their chemistry, don't they i buy lots of oil and oil related products (greases). i've tried every grease i could get my hand on on a old thrust arm i have sitting around so i could evaluate the stuff in a non-critical environment. all have done okay, but there was still "feelable" (not gauge) play in the joint. i put some of this lubromoly (judging by the name its just molybdenum disulphate grease) and all the feelable play is gone, no matter how i twiddle with it! im buying another tube of this stuff from the ger. car place in town to use on other cars.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Default No boots?

did the hamburg stuff come without boots?

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........

i saw some a few years ago on a e30 and they looked like ****, sorta like a urethane version of a old chevy umbrella boot, i guess you could extract another year or so out of a joint IF you got the boot on before the old boot let in dirt, but i've seen many joints wear out before the boots split, i've seen some joints last a couple more years after the boot craps
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg Bob
    did the hamburg stuff come without boots?
    the hamburg comes with boots. people seem to have issues, however, with the boots cracking prematurely.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."