GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Door locks

I appreciate this thread. I am having lock issues too. This is helping me a lot to understand the issues. Not that I plan to work on it myself, but I like to understand what is going on so I can decide whether I think the mechanic is feeding me BS. Thanks.
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

Frustrated..... the only way to check the condition of the trunk hinge wiring is to strio away the loom tape..I bet there are bare wires there.....
    Locking problems seem to be rife at the moment.....
    Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ
    Frustrated..... the only way to check the condition of the trunk hinge wiring is to strio away the loom tape..I bet there are bare wires there.....
    Locking problems seem to be rife at the moment.....
    Thanks, I stripped away the tape and sure enough there was a short. Fixing it made the trunk lock motor to work but I still have the problem with the locks cycling. I metered out the circuit at the trunk and discovered that they reverse polarity to the motor to lock/unlock the door. There is also a set of contacts interlocked with the acuator to send a signal telling if the door is locked/unlocked. Do all of the doors have these contacts? Where is the control moduel located?

Quote Originally Posted by Frustrated
    Thanks, I stripped away the tape and sure enough there was a short. Fixing it made the trunk lock motor to work but I still have the problem with the locks cycling. I metered out the circuit at the trunk and discovered that they reverse polarity to the motor to lock/unlock the door. There is also a set of contacts interlocked with the acuator to send a signal telling if the door is locked/unlocked. Do all of the doors have these contacts? Where is the control moduel located?
    Frustrated...

It's a GM and Relay Module controlled system. If the RM were faulty, there would likely be other issues with the central body electrics.

I have a PDF of the schematic for the system from the ETM. Send me a PM with your email and I'll forward it to you -- the file's 108kb and I don't have any way of attaching it or linking it to the forum.

best, whit

I don't know what a pdf or etm is and I'm not sure what a pm is but my email is tl.baker@telus.net. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12