GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My UUC Track transmission mounts came!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon K
    Not vortech based, its an ASA blower clutched, as used by Alpina. 320hp @ 11 psi is very low. RMS probably had something to do with that. 8 psi 3.0L's are making 315, 10 psi M3s are now making into the 380's - 400's
    Please re-read my post, I stated that the only thing that was RMS was the pulley. And you are incorrect in saying that 320 is low, its actually right on target considering that I was still running the OBD2 manifold, and the tuning was on the conservative side(by design) as it was a track car. AA tuned a little on the rich side as to try and keep cylinder temps down.

M3's that are making 340 to 400's are running a few more mods that I was not. OBD1 intake, exhaust, larger injectors, and even cams are a few of the things that takes the M3 to that level. Beleive me, you are preaching to the choir here....

Bob Cooper
    1992 525i
    1989 325i/S50

Quote Originally Posted by MTRIPLE
    Please re-read my post, I stated that the only thing that was RMS was the pulley. And you are incorrect in saying that 320 is low, its actually right on target considering that I was still running the OBD2 manifold, and the tuning was on the conservative side(by design) as it was a track car. AA tuned a little on the rich side as to try and keep cylinder temps down.

M3's that are making 340 to 400's are running a few more mods that I was not. OBD1 intake, exhaust, larger injectors, and even cams are a few of the things that takes the M3 to that level. Beleive me, you are preaching to the choir here....

Well I don't think youre fair in listing injectors as an option you didn't do. There is no way you were 11 psi on stock injectors. Even conservatively tuned, i'd hope to have more than 320 hp on a 3.0 or 3.2 blown. Why drop HUGE money on a Dinan blower and run stock exhaust? OBDI manifold swap is like $200. Everyone knows the OBDI manifold is single handedly the best mod on an OBDII car. I am sorry but if I was in double digit boost figures, i'd expect to see 380+. There is NO reason a 10psi+ car should not be in high 300's to low 400's. I notice your not intercooled or aftercooled, so if you were running 11 psi, you'd have to retard the **** out of the car to not detonate 11 psi straight... which again would be silly considering the supporting equipment you had.
    Last edited by Jon K; 08-19-2005 at 12:14 AM.

Well I don't think youre fair in listing injectors as an option you didn't do. There is no way you were 11 psi on stock injectors. Even conservatively tuned, i'd hope to have more than 320 hp on a 3.0 or 3.2 blown. Why drop HUGE money on a Dinan blower and run stock exhaust? OBDI manifold swap is like $200. Everyone knows the OBDI manifold is single handedly the best mod on an OBDII car. I am sorry but if I was in double digit boost figures, i'd expect to see 380+. There is NO reason a 10psi+ car should not be in high 300's to low 400's. I notice your not intercooled or aftercooled, so if you were running 11 psi, you'd have to retard the **** out of the car to not detonate 11 psi straight... which again would be silly considering the supporting equipment you had.
    1. Where did I say I was on stock injectors? I was on the Dinan supplied 28lb injectors. I had a Dinan supercharger package with the Vortech V2-SQ blower. Guys that are in the neighborhood of the hp you are talking about are running 30+ injectors.

2. When I refer to exhaust, I'm talking about the entire system(headers, midpipe, cats) I was only running a cat back, nothing more.

3. You are correct on the OBD1 manifold, but 2 years ago, that was uncharted water. My car was built and tuned for reliability, again it saw alot of track time. There was only a handful of guys that were running the OBD1 manifold with the same setup, all RMS by the way.

4. Show me a car that is in the high 300's to low 400's and I will show you a car that has larger injectors, larger hfm, OBD1 manifold, custom tuning, exhaust work, and most likely cams.

5. The car showed no signs of detonation on the dyno with stock Dinan software, water injection, and 11psi. There was a less than conservative AFR at higher rpm's, however...

6. I get the impression that you are trying to slam me for my setup. As mentioned, it was a CONSERVATIVE setup because of the tracktime that the car saw. It was designed for reliability and not to push the envelope, which by the way, is exactly what the 400hp 11psi cars are doing.

Paul e. over at bimmerforums was the pioneer of the 11psi Dinan package and his car with tuning and water injection was in the neighborhood of 340rwhp.
    Last edited by MTRIPLE; 08-19-2005 at 04:02 AM.

Bob Cooper
    1992 525i
    1989 325i/S50

Default Jon I heard you had a problem with your new BEEFY mounts

care to 'splain?

and what if MTRIPLE was happy with his car the way it was? Just because you are blowing your car doesn't make you the new expert. Different strokes for different folks......but for now, get back to your new broken tranny mount......
    Last edited by Scott H; 08-19-2005 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott H
    care to 'splain?

and what if MTRIPLE was happy with his car the way it was? Just because you are blowing your car doesn't make you the new expert. Different strokes for different folks......but for now, get back to your new broken tranny mount......

Issue handled as of last night

UUC shipped a new one out same day and I got it.

Quote from movie....

BOOYA!

I am not bashing anything, the way you said "they have injectors, etc" made it sound like you were not running any similar upgrades. You failed to mention you had water injection, which obviously is why you didn't detonate. I was not trying to rip you apart, I was merely saying that on that much boost, even 2.5L's are seeing more horsepower.

yeh nice mounts jon

You failed to mention you had water injection, which obviously is why you didn't detonate.

Your reading comprehension = not so good...

Read my first post with the picture, you will see that I mentioned water/methanol injection.... Heck, you can even see the pump and the injection line to the intake...

Bob Cooper
    1992 525i
    1989 325i/S50

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123