GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AHHh Seat from hell!!! Problems

Default AHHh Seat from hell!!! Problems

Ok my car had the twisted seat syndrome so I decided I would fix it. since everyone said its an easy DIY? Followed the instructions at
    http://www.nmia.com/~dgnrg/page_11.htm

Can't seem to get the stupid cable off? I first tried w/ the seat on and the motor bolts are damn hard to get near w/ a socket wrench. Then I removed the rear seat bolts and still had problems? Finally gave up since it was mid nite 3 hrs later. Anyway I ahve work in the morning and tried to put the seat back. Now the seats twisted even more and I can't seem to get my seat back onto the hooks and align the seat bolts back? IS there an trick to get them on? I was gonna take it to the INDY if i could get my seat on? Damn might have to call in sick tomorrow. Any somoene please help me get my seat on. Thanks. Sorry its late at nite and I"m panicking.

I remember having a little trouble with the hooks, but not that much.

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

Default dohhhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by uscharalph
    I remember having a little trouble with the hooks, but not that much.
    Ok took a sick day? Doh? Got some wrenches and was able to fix the seat back problem? took me an hour though to get those metal caps off they were stuck in there. Still haven't been able to get my seat back on? They just won't catch on the front hooks no matter what I tried. I been trying to angle it and nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by InfernoM3
    Ok took a sick day? Doh? Got some wrenches and was able to fix the seat back problem? took me an hour though to get those metal caps off they were stuck in there. Still haven't been able to get my seat back on? They just won't catch on the front hooks no matter what I tried. I been trying to angle it and nothing?
    1st of all I'm assuming it's the driver's seat. I seem to remember the left (Towards the driver's door) was easy to get on the hook and I had trouble with the right hook. So I got the left hook in and the right as close as I could. Then I started one of the back star bolts. I then got a hammer and tapped the seat at the right hook. I hope this makes a little sense.

make sure the bottom rails are flat, with a twisted seat the rails will tweak up or down. I layed my seat flat on the garage floor to make sure it wasnt twisted and the rails were straight...went right back in after that.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Default thanks i'll try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    make sure the bottom rails are flat, with a twisted seat the rails will tweak up or down. I layed my seat flat on the garage floor to make sure it wasnt twisted and the rails were straight...went right back in after that.
    Ok i'll try that. Yah I seem to have a problem catching to front lock closet to the center console. I'll also try to hammer it in.

Default angle

Quote Originally Posted by InfernoM3
    Ok i'll try that. Yah I seem to have a problem catching to front lock closet to the center console. I'll also try to hammer it in.
    What position does the seat have to be in to get in on the hooks? All the way back and up w/ the seatback angled forward???

Also, make sure you've got it exactly as you want it before putting it back in. When I did mine, I got it to where I thought it was even, but I need to move the right side back about a half an inch. Not that big a deal, but I still haven't got around to it.

yes, lift the back of the seat up...might have to move the seat position back and higher to get the right angle.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Default rails

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    Ok I think i found the problem. you were right the rails aren't straight. the seatback is good now. how do i adjust the seat rails so they sit flat? I tilts slightly to one side thats one it won't catch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast