GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Traction Control - possible to add?

me too when i get in a late model for a test drive, even when i don't want to smoke em

Quote Originally Posted by bimmerd00d
    i dont get why people want traction control. First thing i do when i get in my car is turn it off.
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

bmp sold a add on traction control system a while back but i can't find it
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

I wouldn't mind it. For driving on snow/ice in the winter, and wet grass or gravel in the summer it would help. A few times now I've been caught out driving on wet grass, where one wheel has traction but the other one spins before I can even get moving.

where one wheel has traction but the other one spins before I can even get moving.
    LSD......
    Gone but not forgotten

yes. terrigal (central coast n.s.w) to sydney and back everyday! with a few trips in between. many freeway miles, probably about 70% of the total good cruising in a 540i, thats why i bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ
    LSD......
    Yeah, obviously LSD is the better choice... If adding traction control was as simple as plugging in a computer module, it would be a somewhat useful upgrade.

For driving on normal roads, I think traction control is pretty useless. If you're driving in such a way that you're smoking your tires all the time, it's probably intentional. If you accidently smoke your tires (really, officer!) then you can just lift off the gas a bit.

TC is all about poor weather. Naturally someone living in NZ is going to find it pointless. But it enables those of us who live where roads are wet or icy half the year enjoy our BMWs year-round without undue histrionics or soiling of undergarments.

LSD...

Well. Wishful thinking. I wonder how this fella will respond after a few inches of snow falls... maybe I'll need some steelies and blizzaks
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

I tested my snow driving skills last weekend, and did perfectly fine without traction control or LSD. There was only a few cms, but it was a "chains required on 2wd" road...

Quote Originally Posted by zuzuk212
    Is it possible to add traction contol? It's got ABS but not the ASC feature ... since ASC uses ABS, is it possible, is it an easy addition?
    Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Ken
    I have a post about my 1995 540I 6 speed ASC and I can no longer turn my traction control off. Does anyone have any input.

Thanks,

Bill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12