GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: New light bulbs guys....check it out (m)

Default New light bulbs guys....check it out (m)

This was given to me by the ever-so-knowledgeable Daniel Stern @ Daniel Stern Lighting. He does not mess around and has quite a bit of information regarding lighting, and lighting upgrades. Consequently, he would not recommend a part if he did not think it was legit.

http://www.bmwz.org/articles/lighting/0506trick/

Buy it here:

Candlepower Inc

Get your good lighting info here:

Daniel Stern Lighting

hasta
    Scott

Very interesting, I like that info, seems worthwhile to me. I just got me a set of 4 wagner 9005s somethin somethin and havent had a problem, 8 bux each and havent burned out yet. A ton brighter, couldnt see in the rain before the upgrade. Interested in them 9011 to see whats that all about.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Default I just got a pair

of super blue sylvania 9005s and modded them to fit. much brighter and whiter than the stock ones. i thought that the HIDs were the next best.. guess not. Plus the life of the 9011/12s seem much better than the life of the 9005s i have now. also, anyone know how possible it is to fit H9 bulbs on our cars? (see link)

here

Default Hmmm....interesting....new stuff.....

Very interesting about the IR and bulbs. I may try them someday soon. I just got finished replacing the lamp assembly and re-installing the grill. It wasn't too bad actually. Just one little connector-thingee wouldn't cooperate, but it all snapped together fine. One thing I noticed though, and I expected it, the aiming now looks off. I swiped these pics from the IR bulb page to illustrate what I've got now.

This is what was showed as a normal pattern.

This is sort of what mine looks like now. Excuse that fast PhotoShop job. So what I'm guessing is that the passenger's side is little off on the high side.(?)Is this the adjusting screw that I will need to turn to make the adjustment?

Would you know off hand which way I would turn it to lower the light pattern, if that's what you think I need to do? I figured that I probably jostled the bulbs a bit during the work, so I expect that one or more of them may go soon. Maybe. But those IRs look like good replacements.

Thanks...
    Brian C.
    There is nothing worse than a brilliant image of a fuzzy concept. -
    .............Ansel Adams

Default Yeah Brian, a couple turns should get them correct (m)

The vertical aim is the hole in the face of the grille towards the bottom. I don't remember which way they go so you'll have to test it. Visit the daniel stern lighting page I linked in this thread's opening message. There is a FAQ on aiming.....or it's somewhere in there (may not be under FAQ). Follow these steps, they are very good. The center of each lamp is at that point where you see a small upstep (face car at blank wall). It will all become obvious when you do the aiming proecure at night.

Default It does have good info......thanks Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott H
    The vertical aim is the hole in the face of the grille towards the bottom. I don't remember which way they go so you'll have to test it. Visit the daniel stern lighting page I linked in this thread's opening message. There is a FAQ on aiming.....or it's somewhere in there (may not be under FAQ). Follow these steps, they are very good. The center of each lamp is at that point where you see a small upstep (face car at blank wall). It will all become obvious when you do the aiming proecure at night.
    There is nothing worse than a brilliant image of a fuzzy concept. -
    .............Ansel Adams

Do you have to have the euro headlights for this mod? or can you just use the us spec headlights????

Default Useable in US spec

The link states that they replace the 9005 and 9006 bulbs with 9011 and 9012

I agree but in this link it says other wise, in the first paragraph . So i'm kinda confused

http://www.bmwz.org/articles/lighting/upgrades/