GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Battery Trouble

Default Battery TRouble WHERE is it???

Hi there i have a 89 535i, and well the battery seems to die very fast. for instance, i drove it one day, then didnt drive it for about 2 or 3 and it was dead.

any ideas to why its dieing so fast? is it the alternator. or do i need a new battery

also i cant find the battery i have a Hanes book on the e34 series and it says that 535i batteries are usually underneath the rear seat?

well thats great and all but do i have to life the car to access the battery, or is there a easy way to remove the rear seat??

thanks for the help
    -J.MCwatters

89 535i 300,000 km
    Last edited by McWatters; 08-14-2005 at 05:31 PM.

The rear seat is held in with two clip features in front of the two rear 'proper' seats. To get the seat out, just grab the edge of the seat in the middle of one of the seats and pull up. You should hear a pop and that side will come loose. Repeat for the other side.

There could be a couple of problems:
    Something in the car is draining more than it should when off. Use a multimeter on the fuse panel to find where the drain is coming from. It could be a radar detector, alarm, or poorly wired stereo.

The battery is on its way out, or you need to top up the battery with water.

Shouldn't be the alternator or you wouldn't be able to start again soon after a trip, and the car may die when sitting in traffic.

Hey thanks alot. well i can tell u for shure that as foolnig around with speaker settings (fade and balance) that the speakers a wired to ****. so that could be the problem.

J.Mcwatters

this was the first sign of my battery going west........It went to the big Hella battery reserve in the sky,and a new battery solved my problem.....But check for a battery drain first......
    Gone but not forgotten