GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just chipped my 525i and..

Default Just chipped my 525i and..

I don't really feel much of a difference. I pulled the DME out. I did not unplug the battery. I did the switch and the car started. I let it sit for a minute and drove it about 4-5 miles. I didn't feel much on the low end. Should I have disconnected the battery? Will it slowly adapt and become more responsive? It is a EAT chip.

Quote Originally Posted by mbogosia
    I don't really feel much of a difference. I pulled the DME out. I did not unplug the battery. I did the switch and the car started. I let it sit for a minute and drove it about 4-5 miles. I didn't feel much on the low end. Should I have disconnected the battery? Will it slowly adapt and become more responsive? It is a EAT chip.
    hmm. what chip did you upgrade from? i can give you a dyno graph which shows a large difference for the 525i m20 engine comapred to a stock chip. I'm under the impression you disconnct the battery before you change the dme. I always did.

I just got back from driving it and it feels a little better but nothing you can really feel. I have 1 1995 525IA and it had a stock chip. I went to an EAT chip. It has a little more power I think, but nothing like I expected.

I just got back from driving it and it feels a little better but nothing you can really feel. I have 1 1995 525IA and it had a stock chip. I went to an EAT chip. It has a little more power I think, but nothing like I expected.

Have you run premium fuel?

I did not notice a lot of power change with the EAT, but I did notice a big difference in drivability, the throttle response is much better. For example, when moving from a complete stop, I used to have to push half throttle to get the car to move out of its own way. Now it moves very well with 1/4 throttle. Is there more power? Maybe/probably, but the driving is much nicer in my opinion.

Scott
    1995 BMW 525i w/139K miles, EAT Chip - (Gone)
    07 525i 22K, 07 328xi (41K)
    1982 Mazda RX-7 w/147K miles (Back again!)

Default The most noticeable difference is

at 3000 rpm and above. Driving in S3 the car responds faster and you can feel it pull at higher rpm's. The flat spot at 3200 rpm has disappeared also.
    This by far has been one of the best mods so far. Well worth the money.

Gas milage also increased by 2-3 mpg if you can keep your foot off outa the throttle , Even using premium.

Kurt
    95 525ia
    Last edited by KurtM; 08-12-2005 at 09:02 PM. Reason: add more

Just drove it again. The driveability is much better. I don't have to push the throttle down as hard to get going. I actually layed some rubber from a stop which I have never done before so that is proof. I am happy with it.

Where's the best place to get the chip.

Just click the EAT link at the top of the page and order directly from Mark. It was only $189.

Just click the EAT link at the top of the page and order directly from Mark. It was only $189.
    I'm glad you like the chip. You should drive it for at least 100 miles after changing it, to see the difference.

I was supposed to change that price after Easter. It's going to be updated this weekend.

Mark
    Last edited by MarkD; 08-13-2005 at 08:26 PM.

Just got a fresh tank of gas and took her up on the highway and it was great. I got it up to 100mph pretty quick and she was still pulling pretty hard. I notice the rev limiter being gone and it makes a big difference. Anyways I'm going drivin!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast