GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: E34 535iS Upgrades

Default E34 535iS Upgrades

Hi guys

I'm slowly edging toward putting a turbo on my E34 535is (Manual) and wanted some questions answered. I am still planning and asking as i don't want to get the job done quick and cheap for fear of problems down the Track.
    As i have said in an earlier thread i am looking to hit roughly 300rwhp without doing strengthening engine work.
    When you read these questions please keep in mind the turbo upgrade
    1. The gear box, diff and clutch- Will these handle the increase in power, if not, what do you recommend, what about changing diff ratio's from standard also? (Does the M5 version have the same components or are they different?)

2. I am also going to revamp the suspension and handling- Where should i start with this? I want good handling and i'm not worried about the 'rough' ride. At the moment it has virtually stock suspension it has been lowered an inch- Strut brace, swaybars, springs etc??? What brands do you guys recommend?

3. Brakes- What should i do here- Ventillated, bigger solids? What names, what places?? Car has 17x8 rims on it and unlikely to go any bigger.

Thanks for your help guys,
    Nick

m5 diff is different its the big case one..at least the 3.8 and 540 are.....
    Gone but not forgotten