GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Bets on what a mechanic will say cooling problem it is?

Default Bets on what a mechanic will say cooling problem it is?

I've had my car since May this year. It only recently started to get miserably hot here - 95-105 degrees. Water pump was replaced March 2005 right before I bought it. Hoses and clamps as well as reserve tank cap were replaced in June along with new fluids.

This all started a month ago when I had the car parked nose down my driveway. I didnt drive it for 4 days due to a tweaked seat back. It was 95 degree days that week. On the 4th day, I noticed there was a small puddle of coolant on the driveway under the right headlamp. I started the car and indicated low coolant level. I topped off and all was fine until I saw the needle move to the right - maybe the temp needle's width but - I turn off AC and it cranks right to dead center. Never gets worse even in stop and go 100 degree traffic. Of course I dont push it.

I 've been losing coolant. Not consistently. Its ran over 1000 miles in the last 2 weeks without losing a drop then over the weekend, lost 2 cups. Car doesnt really overheat. I am super paranoid so I've been driving with the AC on low. When I feel confident, I will put the fan to the next notch and three times in the last month,

I have bled and bled the system. I've checked for leaks - not as thorough as I would like but casually visual around the hoses and nothing.

I've given up. I am tired of driving with no AC cause I am paranoid. I dont have time to guess on my own. I am taking it to a local mechanic who has been awesome with some past issues on other cars.

Any bets on what it could be????

bled a V8??? cool!

Check the radiator cap and the pisser hose that runs from there to the radiator.

The right headlamp being the drivers side on a US car? If so check the area good where the rad hose goes on for leakage...these radiators have plastic tanks that deteriorate over time and will fail right at that point.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy