GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: OT: some decent deals at pepboys this week (US ppl)...

Default OT: some decent deals at pepboys this week (US ppl)...

there is a possibility that these deals might not be available everywhere, im not certain, though it seems this isn't the case from my quick search.

the most notable? they have purolator oil filters 2 for $5, all of them. if you use the L28812 for the m50 engine, or the L30084 in the m30 engine, this is a big savings. these, in my area, are usually priced about $7.99 each or so.

less notable, they have, after rebate, their house brand 50/50 prediluted antifreeze for $1.99. they also have their house brand undiluted antifreeze for .4.99 after rebate. if you've been in a parts store lately, you'd be hard pressed to find a gallon of antifreeze for under $7 or $8. the undiluted antifreeze coupon seems to only be online, so you'd need to print it out and suprise them with it.

even less notable (they run this once every three weeks or so), they have a case (12) of shell dino oil for $9.48 after rebate. if you run a beater, you might be interested in this. walmart's house oil, traditionally the cheap oil standard, has finally broken the $1 barrier, weiging in currently at $1.07 per quart. dollar tree has semi syn 10w30 trop artic for $1, so nomore walmart oil for moi. ill admit that im going to buy a case of this shell oil for helga, though, as im changing oil every 2500 mi on a cleaning schedule (when it gets black), so she won't be running on it for too long.
    Last edited by ryan roopnarine; 08-08-2005 at 07:17 PM.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Since my Volvo and my Jeep (my Jeep when somethings wrong, my mother's Jeep when its clean) both use the same Purolator oil filter (and all others for that matter), I'll probably be picking up a big pile of those, although they usually are only $3.50 a pop for those cars.

Do we even have a pepboys in our area? Or I'm assuming that since summer just ended, that you're in Orlando?

About the oil, my volvo may have 190k+ miles on it, but it still looks too good to call it a beater. Mabye next year..... My sisters brand new 05 Stratus on the other hand...now that can get beater oil

Quote Originally Posted by ryan roopnarine
    there is a possibility that these deals might not be available everywhere, im not certain, though it seems this isn't the case from my quick search.

the most notable? they have purolator oil filters 2 for $5, all of them. if you use the L28812 for the m50 engine, or the L30084 in the m30 engine, this is a big savings. these, in my area, are usually priced about $7.99 each or so.

less notable, they have, after rebate, their house brand 50/50 prediluted antifreeze for $1.99. they also have their house brand undiluted antifreeze for .4.99 after rebate. if you've been in a parts store lately, you'd be hard pressed to find a gallon of antifreeze for under $7 or $8. the undiluted antifreeze coupon seems to only be online, so you'd need to print it out and suprise them with it.

even less notable (they run this once every three weeks or so), they have a case (12) of shell dino oil for $9.48 after rebate. if you run a beater, you might be interested in this. walmart's house oil, traditionally the cheap oil standard, has finally broken the $1 barrier, weiging in currently at $1.07 per quart. dollar tree has semi syn 10w30 trop artic for $1, so nomore walmart oil for moi. ill admit that im going to buy a case of this shell oil for helga, though, as im changing oil every 2500 mi on a cleaning schedule (when it gets black), so she won't be running on it for too long.
    93 525i / 01 330Ci / 98 Camry / 91 Volvo 240 / 99 Jeep GC

im marking time in gainesville because some jack@ss was supposed to give me a yes or no answer about a job, i'd love to be elsewhere changing my thrust arms. there's one in gainesville, the same number as the number of circuit citys. limit of 4 on that coupon. the thing about pepboys that pisses me off is that they're constantly running a coupon for purolator oil filters, even ones that they have to sell at an extreme loss ("sell an artillery shell sized oil filter for an f350 that normally goes for $13.95 for $2.50? that's brilliant!!") but they'll purposely only keep one "furriner" car oil filter on the shelf at a time. i walk in there, buy an m50 filter, which is the only one on the shelf, come back the next day, they've replaced it with ONE. return the other to the store, only ONE is on the shelf. the orlando pepboys does this too, which made me realise that this is some type of "policy" on their part. they also like to hide the calendars with the mobil 1 coupon too "i'm sorry sir, were out" always happens to coincide with the wednesdays, which is the day they get new oil stock in.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Have you compared the calendar coupon prices to WalMarts mobil 1? They've recently started carrying 0-40 in both gainesville and tampa area, ever since the mobil 5000 conv oil came out.
    93 525i / 01 330Ci / 98 Camry / 91 Volvo 240 / 99 Jeep GC

Quote Originally Posted by DanDombrowski
    Have you compared the calendar coupon prices to WalMarts mobil 1? They've recently started carrying 0-40 in both gainesville and tampa area, ever since the mobil 5000 conv oil came out.
    compared to walmart?

pepboys only carries 5w30 10w30 and 15w50 mobil 1, as well as 0w20. they generally are about $1 /quart more expensive than walmart. however, the coupon lets you buy 6 quarts for the price of three, so if you pay $5.50 or so/quart at pepboys, you're still only paying about ~$16+1 (for the coupon) after tax for 6 quarts of oil. walmart charges about $22 for 5 quarts of oil, so to do any relatively new bmw, you generally end up buying one or maybe two whole quarts to fill up. if i go the pepboys route, i usually end up mixing in the 1/10 quart extra from whatever oil i have lying around, compared to when i buy at walmart, where i usually end up buying two whole quarts, for an end price of about $30 without filter. if im stuck in pepboys i can always snag a filter with a coupon whereas walmart doesn't even carry an m50 filter.