GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: BMW on WikiPedia

Default BMW on WikiPedia

I was amazed by the amount of information WikiPedia provides about BMW - take a look at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_E34

It even has a link to Bruno's site
    BMW E34 528i, M52B28 + M50 manifold, Remus exhaust, ///M Parallel Spoke 18" rims

Hmm, the site says "Only 5% of total production 535i's were 5-speeds." That can't possibly be right? Sure, there are a lot of automatics out there (especially in the US), but 95%?

Quote Originally Posted by Tcdoe
    Hmm, the site says "Only 5% of total production 535i's were 5-speeds." That can't possibly be right? Sure, there are a lot of automatics out there (especially in the US), but 95%?
    I really do not know. Here were I live 95% of the cars are manual
    BMW E34 528i, M52B28 + M50 manifold, Remus exhaust, ///M Parallel Spoke 18" rims

Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor
    I was amazed by the amount of information WikiPedia provides about BMW - take a look at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_E34

It even has a link to Bruno's site
    Thanks for the tip!

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

I have heard there were only 600 535s build with manuals for US in 1990. I think they are rare in 535 and much more common in 525s.
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

Ok, that sounds about right for US. From what I've seen here in Europe, it seems about 50/50, maybe even more manuals..

Quote Originally Posted by Tcdoe
    Ok, that sounds about right for US. From what I've seen here in Europe, it seems about 50/50, maybe even more manuals..
    Some evil people would say that most of europeans are smart enough to learn how to drive a manual

I don't know why, but for some reason automatic gearboxes are a lot more popular over the pond than in Europe.

Except in France and Italy where cars are predominantly manual. Hopefully, the new wave of CVTs are coming in a few more years. Autos are nice for lazy cruises while manual just begs for spirited driving every time. One of the joys of owning BMW, I guess.

IN the US (adn Australia) people care less about economy and actually prefer Automatics. Maybe its McDonalds' fault for creating a culture of lazy people that like one hand free to eat burgers crawing in traffic

I heard once that in Germany for reasons of pollution one had to have a doctor's cerificate to buy an auto. I don't believe it, but perhaps someone can say why I might have heard it... I can;t imagine how 5% were manual, but then again I've got an auto and it isn't so much choice that led me to it...

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!