GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E34 M5 Front and Rear valence lips

Default E34 M5 Front and Rear valence lips

Hmmh, shogun, the mod of E34 bimmerboard has to answer that and needs your help. Any hint?:
    quote:

Does anyone know where I can get just the front and rear valence lips fron the M5?

Can someone get the part numbers if they are available? The pix below indicates the parts I am referring to.

I tried a couple of dealers and they wanted to sell me the whole bumper assemblies.
    ---------------------

have u used realoem's online ETK? and ten call up BMA or email em
    but theyll be pricey pieces im sure

Quote Originally Posted by shogun
    Hmmh, shogun, the mod of E34 bimmerboard has to answer that and needs your help. Any hint?:
    quote:

Does anyone know where I can get just the front and rear valence lips fron the M5?

Can someone get the part numbers if they are available? The pix below indicates the parts I am referring to.

I tried a couple of dealers and they wanted to sell me the whole bumper assemblies.
    ---------------------
    BMW doesn't appear to sell the lip and the upper cover separately (it does appear as two pieces in the ETK, but there are two versions of the M5 bumpers. Mine are one-piece covers. At any rate, even if you got ahold of just the lip you'd still need the upper piece to attach it to.

I believe the front cover in the image you posted is from the earlier M5's (based on my having the front towhook covers for that bumper instead of the late-model cover) prior to ... 1992?

Owner - Willamette Valley Motor Sports, LLC

I think you will find the M5 valance is all one piece, and attaches using different brackets than the standard and M-tech valance. I tried to get the M-tech valance lip as a seperate peice, as the rest of the bumper panel is the same as a standard one, but these are not an OEM product. I would have thought someone would be making an aftermaket add-on but none available in Australia that I have found anyway.

and i think they are "ended",tey look the same as the M tech bits on the sports.....which is indeed an m5 "replica"
    Gone but not forgotten

The car on the pic. looks to me like M540, coz they have different lower part than M5's.
    '93 DaytonaViolett M5 (US)
    221+K miles...
    PowerChip...

ukm5 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun
    BMW doesn't appear to sell the lip and the upper cover separately (it does appear as two pieces in the ETK, but there are two versions of the M5 bumpers. Mine are one-piece covers. At any rate, even if you got ahold of just the lip you'd still need the upper piece to attach it to.

I believe the front cover in the image you posted is from the earlier M5's (based on my having the front towhook covers for that bumper instead of the late-model cover) prior to ... 1992?
    if its prior to 1992 wouldnt it have the earlier front kidney grill aswell?
    this has the later one so would seem as this valence isnt only prior to 1992

Quote Originally Posted by ukm5
    if its prior to 1992 wouldnt it have the earlier front kidney grill aswell?
    this has the later one so would seem as this valence isnt only prior to 1992
    Not saying the car is pre-1992. That car is a 1995 540i M-Sport. The bumper covers themselves are what I was speaking of.

There are at least two versions of the M5/M-Tech bumper cover. The two hook covers on either side have wider grille slats than the other style.

Compare my bumper cover and towhook cover:

to the one on the car from above:

Owner - Willamette Valley Motor Sports, LLC

I'm almost positive they only come as a full bumper, not the lips alone. You can get the rear M-Tech "Canada" rear bumper add-on though. Looks a little similar to the M5 one but with less of a defined lower lip.

Quote Originally Posted by bondheli
    Not exactly an M5 but here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-...Qcmd ZViewItem
    I love how that auction says its quality fiberglass and not "cheap plastic".

I have the REAL cheap plastic one made by Rieger and have scraped it MANY times. A lot of times thinking I had broken it. No problems yet. I'm sure if it was FG it would have been cracked many times over.

I won't even get into the fact that all the GOOD body kits out there (ACS, RD, Hamann etc) are all made of ABS Plastic or PUR-RIM (I think its called that, also a plastic).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast