GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: OT: ...and this is news?

Default OT: ...and this is news?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/classic_car_safety

Seems like a great big "duuuuuh" to me.
    Bellevue WA
    90 535iM - not much stock remains. 3.7 liters, ported head, cammed, 3.73 diffy, M5 brakes, MAFed, yadda yadda yadda
    86 Porsche 951 - Track Toy

Volvo runs stop sign. How much would you want to bet the Volvo driver was yakking on a cell phone about something utterly pointless?

Quote Originally Posted by SRR2
    Volvo runs stop sign. How much would you want to bet the Volvo driver was yakking on a cell phone about something utterly pointless?
    Volvo driver probably was on a cell phone!

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

Default This is the very reason...

...my '29 Model A spends 99.44% of its time in the garage. My driving of it is primarily on tertiary (even less-used than secondary) roads near my house, and I am a nervous wreck when required to traverse to the big city of Raleigh! No seat belts, mechanical drum brakes, and 0-45 mph in about 20 seconds, with a steel steering column about 14 inches from my sternum, and a steel dash about 24 inches away. At least it has safety glass...

This type of accident makes all car collectors go into hiding for a while. This is also precisely why my son does not get to ride in my Model A, except specifically during a parade (maximum 2 mph, closed roads).

Driving in a collector/classic car is an excellent exercise in situational awareness. You would be amazed how vigilant you become when driving something you actually have to be prepared to defend.
    Bill B.
    95 525i

Default yup.

Feel the same way the time or two a year I borrow my brother's motorcycle. Of course, it has brakes and power but still feel damn exposed on it.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by billb
    ...my '29 Model A spends 99.44% of its time in the garage. My driving of it is primarily on tertiary (even less-used than secondary) roads near my house, and I am a nervous wreck when required to traverse to the big city of Raleigh! No seat belts, mechanical drum brakes, and 0-45 mph in about 20 seconds, with a steel steering column about 14 inches from my sternum, and a steel dash about 24 inches away. At least it has safety glass...

This type of accident makes all car collectors go into hiding for a while. This is also precisely why my son does not get to ride in my Model A, except specifically during a parade (maximum 2 mph, closed roads).

Driving in a collector/classic car is an excellent exercise in situational awareness. You would be amazed how vigilant you become when driving something you actually have to be prepared to defend.
    Bellevue WA
    90 535iM - not much stock remains. 3.7 liters, ported head, cammed, 3.73 diffy, M5 brakes, MAFed, yadda yadda yadda
    86 Porsche 951 - Track Toy

Bet the Volvo driver was wearing a hat !

"I'm not the village idiot.
    But when he retires I'm next on the list."

Wow...that's hard to read.

A duesenberg, nonetheless!

best, whit