GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Replacing Door Panels, Questions...

Default Replacing Door Panels, Questions...

I need to replace my door panels, I would rather get them reupholstered as getting new door panels from BMW is well.....rather expensive. Has anyone had good experiences getting their door panels redone? Who with? or did you buy some at a good price?

Right now I have one new drivers door panel with the smooth vinyl(it got replaced) the other three are have the perforrated inserts. I wanted to get them all redone in the later style with the smooth vinyl.

I got quoted $125 a panel from a local shop. I'd actually like to find the newer style with the one piece handle and arm rest from a parts recycler.

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

I replaced my worn door panels with ones that look like they just rolled off the show room floor for $75 a peice from a local BMW recycler. May want to check that out first.

What color do you two need? Lee in Ottowa had a set of black in mint condition a couple of weeks ago. Don't know what he wants for them. He suggested I make an offer. I want to replace mine also but I have a 535 and need ones that have the clips for the wood trim, so his wouldn't work for me.
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

Quote Originally Posted by Gayle
    What color do you two need? Lee in Ottowa had a set of black in mint condition a couple of weeks ago. Don't know what he wants for them. He suggested I make an offer. I want to replace mine also but I have a 535 and need ones that have the clips for the wood trim, so his wouldn't work for me.

I was looking for black, how could I get in contact with Lee? Do you know if they are the smooth kind?

Also where would I find a BMW recycler? A more basic question is how can one identify a BMW recycler?

[QUOTE=ejmpower]I was looking for black, how could I get in contact with Lee? Do you know if they are the smooth kind?

Go to the member list from the link at the top of the page. You will find him in the "l" s as Lee in Ottawa. Don't know about smooth.

I too wondered what a bmw recyler was. Assumed it is someone who parts out bmws like Jason whose user name is The Geak
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

I was going to send him an offer, but I figured that someone in driving distance from Ottowa could make a better offer (No Shipping). My plan is to either fix mine or start visiting wrecking yards. Probably the latter. I like deals. Who knows what else I'll find.

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

Or try here, maybe you find something in your area
    http://car-part.com/