GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 540i/a running rough continue's

Default 540i/a running rough continue's

my 540i/a is still running rough. i had the local dealer check it out today. their computer found no fault codes at all. they suggested it could be bad motor mounts. has anyone else had a problem with bad motor mounts causing a rough vibration in the car. it is worse around 1300 r.p.m.
    thanks
    tim s.
    1995 540i/a
    1987 325e

Do you have a rough idle when warm, cold? How many miles? Have the O2 sensors been replaced? Also could be a vacuum leak.

AA
    95 540iA, 108kmiles

Default new o2's, 180,000 , does it all the time, dealer says no vaccum leaks.

Quote Originally Posted by AA540
    Do you have a rough idle when warm, cold? How many miles? Have the O2 sensors been replaced? Also could be a vacuum leak.

AA
    95 540iA, 108kmiles

i am starting to learn that the pcv plate can be the root of all evel on v8s, it's like $30 at the dealer and will make it do some strange ****, it may not be the problem but it can be a weird problem trust me, we had a 95 740 whip chuck and my ass last week, chuck is a seasoned ase master tech and i like to think i have a little on the ball, we poured over that son of a bitch for a week and a half
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Default what problem did you have with the pcv plate?

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    i am starting to learn that the pcv plate can be the root of all evel on v8s, it's like $30 at the dealer and will make it do some strange ****, it may not be the problem but it can be a weird problem trust me, we had a 95 740 whip chuck and my ass last week, chuck is a seasoned ase master tech and i like to think i have a little on the ball, we poured over that son of a bitch for a week and a half

it got to the point that it couldn't get to 40 mph, a crappy idle, a intermittent miss and one thing that was really weird, the computer was trimming the mixture 25% lean on one bank and 25% rich on the other from the baseline running setting, we could reset the computer and it would be screwed back up in a couple miles of driving, another weird point no check engine light. there was no external vaccum leak, all internal
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Default thanks, how can i check to see if this is my problem?

it got to the point that it couldn't get to 40 mph, a crappy idle, a intermittent miss and one thing that was really weird, the computer was trimming the mixture 25% lean on one bank and 25% rich on the other from the baseline running setting, we could reset the computer and it would be screwed back up in a couple miles of driving, another weird point no check engine light

change the piece of crap

Default do you have a pic & how much are they?

change the piece of crap

about $30

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast