GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Just got my arms in the mail

Default Just got my arms in the mail

Just recieved a set of lemforder control arms and thrust arms with M5 bushings from BMA. $130 a piece for the TA's with m5 bushings in. Those bushings sure are.. small looking. If i had a digital camera i'd post a pic- but theres barely any rubber, just three little rubber spokes radiating out from the center.

Sometime early next week i'll try and put them in. I'm going to do the whole remove-the-strut-and-spring deal so the steering knucle is sitting there exposed just waiting to have those balljoints pounded out of it.

Besides torquing under load, any tips that haven't been mentioned 800,000 times?

I take the wheel off, take the brake caliper off, undo the 3 nuts at the top of the strut tower, take the 3(?) bolts off the bottom and just pull the thing off, right? Should i remove the steering tie rod as well, or will pounding on the ball joints with it attached not damage anything?

Quote Originally Posted by infinity5
    Just got my arms in the mail...
    Hmmm.... they actually let you send body parts in the mail over there?
    You couldn't send me a couple of kidneys and a spleen.. could you?

1990 E34 535iA, 215,000kms (130,000 miles).
    Dual Climate, Rear Headrests, Rollerblind, M-Tech Wheel,
    Memory Seats, EAT Chip, T-Stars.

Default If you do it like i posted here ,you don't have to take off the

shock,spring ,strut assy at all you just leave it up there, same with the caliper etc. Old link here

Quote Originally Posted by infinity5
    Just recieved a set of lemforder control arms and thrust arms with M5 bushings from BMA. $130 a piece for the TA's with m5 bushings in. Those bushings sure are.. small looking. If i had a digital camera i'd post a pic- but theres barely any rubber, just three little rubber spokes radiating out from the center.

Sometime early next week i'll try and put them in. I'm going to do the whole remove-the-strut-and-spring deal so the steering knucle is sitting there exposed just waiting to have those balljoints pounded out of it.

Besides torquing under load, any tips that haven't been mentioned 800,000 times?

I take the wheel off, take the brake caliper off, undo the 3 nuts at the top of the strut tower, take the 3(?) bolts off the bottom and just pull the thing off, right? Should i remove the steering tie rod as well, or will pounding on the ball joints with it attached not damage anything?