GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: This f@#$ing car

Default This f@#$ing car

So, replaced the valves and put it back together. Wont start. I wasnt even getting spark at first but I found that problem. Now it has fuel spark and compression but wont start. I tested everything on a diagnostic machine and im getting good signal from crank sensor and cam sensor, as well as injector and spark pulse. The only thing that makes sense to me is that the crank pulley is on wrong and is sending false reading on crank position to the d.m.e. I know the pulley can only go on one way because of a key, but air tools can do wonders. Im going to start with that, and then I dont know what im going to do, maybe junkyard as I am so frustrated with this car right now.

Is your timing out of sync? I don't know if this would make a difference but crank rotate 2x the speed of cams. So you might be 180* off, just a thought.

the crank hub on a m50 has a alignment pin and a perfect 180 off wouldn't hurt anything, the can sensor is what tells it what stroke it's on
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

i know it has a pin, but it is off, cause TDC on the pulley is different than actual TDC, so it has to be off, like I said anything is possible with air tools. I know 180 wouldnt hurt anything, put the crank sensor is on and off, so if it halfway the wrong way, it could be 90 or 270 off and cause what is happening. I know the cam sensor tells engine position, but isnt it a combination of both?