GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: check control message list

ukm5 Guest

Default check control message list

the check control has many different possibilities of warning message but many you wont have seen due to variations on equipment, but whats the full list of possibilities

rare ones are

ASC DEFECTIVE

###ASC###

can you add any more, the reason i ask is you can play with these extra ones, for example i have in my car an extra battery for starting the car and I have used the one for asc defective to flash up when my second battery is flat, i have a sensor which sends a message to the correct pin on the ccm and i use the words asc to mean auxilary starting circuit!
    so i am wondering what others there are

mainly id like to know how the message about key in ignition appears, is it when you open the door with the key in?

I had those check tire pressure messages that came up a couple of months ago. They also repeated a week or two after the original time, but not since.

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

ukm5 Guest

check tyre pressure?? i wasnt aware the e34 had ability to monitor that, and you say it displayed a message on the instrument cluster?

I don't think it was actually monitoring the tire pressure, but just reminding me to check the tire pressure. It cycled through all four tires and then the spare. No one else on this board had ever heard of it. I know that the PO had replaced the instument cluster and the LCD Display. I'm not sure exactly what parts were changed out.

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

All messages and priorities 1,2,3 should be listed here in the owners manual ;-)
    http://luuk.xs4all.nl/bmwboeken/bmwe34manual/

I had this one after a marathon session on Sega and Nintendo 64!!

OK... So maybe I lied he he he he

Gone but NEVER forgotten. :'(

And then...

Hey Nick, I've seen that dash pic before. I'm still puzzled about how it was done! (Unless it was a photoshop job)

Cheers,

Shaun

Quote Originally Posted by E34-520iSE
    Hey Nick, I've seen that dash pic before. I'm still puzzled about how it was done! (Unless it was a photoshop job)
    You have to make an adaptor for the C64 joystick which allows you to plug it into the diagnostic connector under the hood. After beating Super Motronic in all 13 levels, the message will appear on the dashboard.

BMW E34 528i, M52B28 + M50 manifold, Remus exhaust, ///M Parallel Spoke 18" rims

Wow for that. It really works - though I only had an Atari 2600 joystick- had to bend it to fit. My Motronic unit version has Pac-man, not Super Motronic, you obviously get a different game for each continent-maybe we could all swap ECU's from time to time and play gorf, defender, xenon, pole position etc. Though I don't think that aftermarket ECU's have the games installed. Ah well - it'll give me something to do if I ever get stuck in a traffic jam!

Thanks for the revelation!

Shaun

ukm5 Guest

there are area specific messages like fasten seat belts, key in ignition(US only) ASC traction messages for those with it, camber warnings on the M5, things like warnings for the boot open, passenger door open and rear door open - all are options on certain cars but not all