GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: rotor set screws-2 types?

Default rotor set screws-2 types?

I recently put new ATE rotors on my car. I was sent two small set screws that did not seem to work on my car. The holes in the rotor for the small screws did not seem to line up with a hole in the strut assembly. I just reused the original set screws that had a flange which makes it appear larger in diameter.

Perhaps I was just in a hurry and did not see how they fit. Everything works well. Just "feel" the need to know
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

Quote Originally Posted by Russell
    I recently put new ATE rotors on my car. I was sent two small set screws that did not seem to work on my car. The holes in the rotor for the small screws did not seem to line up with a hole in the strut assembly. I just reused the original set screws that had a flange which makes it appear larger in diameter.

Perhaps I was just in a hurry and did not see how they fit. Everything works well. Just "feel" the need to know
    Hey Russell,

If memory serves me correctly there are two different sizes for the set screws, 5 and 6 mm?? Don't quote me on that, but I do know that the front and rear should have different size screws. You probably got the rears and changed the fronts?

Good Luck,
    Rory

<Insert list of modifcations or clever saying here>