GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Since we're in audio lately... POST YOUR AUDIO SETUP!

here is a better pic:

i got them on ebay.. they are motorized but only left/right.. and the motors in them were some noisy shxt so i didn't bother wiring them up.. i just move with hand once every 4 months if needed. heh.

wasn't a perfect fit when i bought them.. there is a rubber housing underneath the stock mirrors.. 3 layers, 2 of which i cut out neatly in a pattern to accomodate the new mirrors. i also had to go to the hardware store for a proper screw and big washer to anchor the things down properly.

they have signals in them.. and also they have blue LEDs as well.. these can be wired to the car but blue is illegal where i live (and gay) so i didn't wire those up. the signals are quite noticeable at nite.. daytime not as much.

look 500% better than stock
    -inc

'91 e31 850
    '90 e34 535
    '02 CBR F4i stunt/track bike
    '07 gsxr 750 stunt bike

Quote Originally Posted by bmwoohoo
    Heh Jon.. Great job. I was looking at what mine will look like with clears on the front. How does that touch screen hold up?? I do video calibrations for home theater and was just going to put a wuxga laptop into the car and try and integrate it with a mechanical arm that would come out. What size tires are those??? They are sweet. Hate asking all these questions.. I just decided to keep mine because I had the nikasil fiasco repaired last year and really started to enjoy working on it. What tint is on the windows and does it minimize the reception at all?? Although I don't like green cars generally I have the exact same color and started lovin it.

Cheers and look forward to seeing that gear installed. Since I do HT gear I might start implementing some car audio. The car itself is setup to calibrate an excellent audio soundstage with less modal issues than most.

touch screen is great
    235/45/17 front and 255/40/17 rear
    30% tint, doesn't seem to affect reception

Mine isn't an OEM color, its a VW green w/ small flake mixed with bmw green.

Quote Originally Posted by Incantation
    h... but blue is illegal where i live (and gay) so i didn't wire those up...
    ha ha ha ha ha.
    Robin

72 Chevy K10
    01 E39 M5

VDO CD2203 headunit- Has orange Illumination, black features and looks AWESOME in the dash... (Its not out-of-place like a silver ones with green or blue lights!!)

Cadence front 'split' speakers... Factory locations, factory size!! Loud and clear as hell!!

JVC 6in rear stage- Factory size, factory locations... Nice rear fill.

A pair of these 10in 1000w puppies, in a custom, boot-mounted, computer-designed box...

And a Jaycar 4x150w amp, running only the subs. Stinger wiring, platinum battery clamps, 100A block fuse under back seat.

Good quality system, cost less than $2k.. Installed set-up and pumping!!
    You can barely hear it outside the car, yet its a good volume and fantastic clarity inside...
    Best thing?? It sets the alarms of parked cars off as we cruise by!!

Gone but NEVER forgotten. :'(

And then...

Quote Originally Posted by Nick.Hay

VDO CD2203 headunit- Has orange Illumination, black features and looks AWESOME in the dash... (Its not out-of-place like a silver ones with green or blue lights!!)

Cadence front 'split' speakers... Factory locations, factory size!! Loud and clear as hell!!

JVC 6in rear stage- Factory size, factory locations... Nice rear fill.

A pair of these 10in 1000w puppies, in a custom, boot-mounted, computer-designed box...

And a Jaycar 4x150w amp, running only the subs. Stinger wiring, platinum battery clamps, 100A block fuse under back seat.

Good quality system, cost less than $2k.. Installed set-up and pumping!!
    You can barely hear it outside the car, yet its a good volume and fantastic clarity inside...
    Best thing?? It sets the alarms of parked cars off as we cruise by!!
    show us some in car pics mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon K
    Notice Topic. List what you've got, pics if you've got them, and advice on what to do or not do next time around!
    Stock speaker setup with SONY CDX-3000 CD/radio.
    BMW E34 528i, M52B28 + M50 manifold, Remus exhaust, ///M Parallel Spoke 18" rims

Clarion DXZ535 (no mp3)
    20Gb 3rd gen ipod
    alpine s-type 5.25" splits
    clarion 5.25 2-ways
    MTX 10" in a home-made box
    response 2x100wRMS running the sub at 1x284w

that's it... cheap, basic and a little bit bog... the ipod dock is held down with double sided tape, does the trick! i've run a cable round to the back of the head unit, and if i wanna change the track or do anything i can usually do so while it sits in the dock, otherwise i just pull it out, flick through the menus and stick it back in.. easy. no CDs in this car... the speakers are a bit bog, i'm looking at a response 4x100wRMS amp to power them, they're powerful quality amps that cost next to nothing cause they don't have 'alpine' and lots of pathetic little lights!

Incar pics...

Just been uploading to photobucket (coz no-one else recommended any better solution...)

Headunit by day... Not a good pic

camera-phone pic at night... See how the colours are almost spot-on?? The main reason I bought this headunit

Another Camera-phone pic... On night mode

And then...

[
    Sub Box. fits perfectly in the boot, doesn't move around either

Still needs carpetting though

Dave my installer... Fine tuning the amp isn't as difficult as it looks...

Mess of install.... But it was all done properly, using best of everything (as it should be with a BMW)
    Last edited by Nick.Hay; 07-27-2005 at 08:27 PM. Reason: coz the pic of dave didn't work...

And then...

thanks

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast