GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Since we're in audio lately... POST YOUR AUDIO SETUP!

Heh Jon.. Great job. I was looking at what mine will look like with clears on the front. How does that touch screen hold up?? I do video calibrations for home theater and was just going to put a wuxga laptop into the car and try and integrate it with a mechanical arm that would come out. What size tires are those??? They are sweet. Hate asking all these questions.. I just decided to keep mine because I had the nikasil fiasco repaired last year and really started to enjoy working on it. What tint is on the windows and does it minimize the reception at all?? Although I don't like green cars generally I have the exact same color and started lovin it.

Cheers and look forward to seeing that gear installed. Since I do HT gear I might start implementing some car audio. The car itself is setup to calibrate an excellent audio soundstage with less modal issues than most.

Clarion DXZ-845MC head
    Focal Utopia 6.5" components in front
    JBL comp vr 6.5 components in back
    Focal Utopia 13" sub with custom designed box in back.. approx 45 litres and two 4"x11.3" ports through ski-hole
    Kenwood excelon KAC-X541 4 channel for cabin
    Kenwood excelon KAC-X811D monoblock for my neighbours
    got a capacitor in there.. can't remember what kind
    all 0 gauge wiring for ground etc, and a couple extra leads off negative terminal to body
    -inc

'91 e31 850
    '90 e34 535
    '02 CBR F4i stunt/track bike
    '07 gsxr 750 stunt bike

Dude, what are those side mirrors, do they still work with the oem electrics and memory?
    1994 540i Auto

live fast; die sideways
    13.3 @ 104mph (not in the 540)
    15.4 @ 150 Kph in the 540 (24/9/07)

Stock for now (you asked).

This week I'm ordering an Alpine CDA-9853. I'm still on the fence about ordering the KCA-420i (iPod control interface). I sort of like having my iPod within reach so I can remove it easily (I use it everywhere, it's grown on me). No idea for speakers yet, I was thinking about getting some Infinity speakers.

Still up in the air since I'm considering selling this. I have 3 cars and am supposed to be getting an Escape or a Five Hundred for work and I don't want my driveway to look like a car lot.

If my wife gets the wagon I'm strongly considering putting a Mac Mini somewhere under the seats then wire it to a headrest mounted screen and use a wireless keyboard/mouse to drive it. That way the small child and spousal unit could watch DVDs or do games when we travel. Updating would be easy, I could park in front of the house and access my wireless point.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon K
    Notice Topic. List what you've got, pics if you've got them, and advice on what to do or not do next time around!
    Alpine Head Unit
    Alpine IPOD Adapter (behind the glove box)
    JBL 5.25 components up fron
    Sony 5.25 3-Ways in back
    2 10 Kicker subs in suctom box
    4 Channel 400 Jenson amp
    2 Channel 350 Jenson amp

http://img348.imageshack.us/my.php?i...lovebox7mk.jpg

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/3509/headunit1rd.
    Mustbr8kfree
    1995 525i, Shadowline,EAT chip, Alpine

Default Clarion Pro Audio HU (worst part of the systerm)

Alpine V12 amp
    Infinity Kappa 6.5s components in the front
    Infinity Kappa 5.25" components in the rear
    Inifnity Bass link firing into cabin behind armrest
    Remote control for basslink is installed next to fog light switch and looks stock
    1/8" headphone jack runs to aux inputs of HU and come out of the center console sort of a "hard wired" ipod set up. works well for my purposes.

If i had to do it again, i don't know that i would have spent money on rear speakers. I would have gone w/ the 6.5" the first time. and i would have gotten an alpine head, which i might do anyway, and get the ipod link they sell for 99 bucks and mount it under the seat or in the glove compartment

Quote Originally Posted by Jason
    Alpine V12 amp
    Infinity Kappa 6.5s components in the front
    Infinity Kappa 5.25" components in the rear
    Inifnity Bass link firing into cabin behind armrest
    Remote control for basslink is installed next to fog light switch and looks stock
    1/8" headphone jack runs to aux inputs of HU and come out of the center console sort of a "hard wired" ipod set up. works well for my purposes.

If i had to do it again, i don't know that i would have spent money on rear speakers. I would have gone w/ the 6.5" the first time. and i would have gotten an alpine head, which i might do anyway, and get the ipod link they sell for 99 bucks and mount it under the seat or in the glove compartment
    Get the IPOD adapter. I love it! You have the same searching functionality of the IPOD but can do it from the deck. Also, some songs actually sound better through the IPOD than they do via cd. Case in point, Black Label Society. I had their cd in the cd playerand the same song on pause on the IPOD. When I played the song via the IPOD it was louder and had more bass than through the cd player. I paid $179 for the deck and $99 for the adapter. Definitely worth the money.
    Mustbr8kfree
    1995 525i, Shadowline,EAT chip, Alpine

I was just about to go get the alpine 9847 and iPod adapter as you have- what do you think of it?

~6 speed~ Rear Fogs ~ Shadowline ~ Tow Package ~ OEMMM///S38B38

Jason,

What are your thoughts on the BassLink?
    It looks like a good solution for me (as I want to keep my stock deck) and the cost is similar or less than the cost of seperate components.

-ashley

'92 525iA / 179k miles / Born 3.92 / ABS / No ASC / stock / North Carolina

Paper Gaskets Suck!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast