GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UUC Motorwerks Oil Center review!

Default UUC Motorwerks Oil Center review!

Hey guys. Just got my UUC Motorwerks Oil Center M50/S50 and S52 oil filter lid replacement. This lid is made of billet aluminum, engraved with "UUC MOTORWERKS" and "25nm Max" so when you need to know the torque when chanigng oil you don't over torque The most important part of this lid, is that it is tapped for two 1/4" NPT outputs. These are common output sizes for oil temperature senders, oil pressure senders, and obviously a good way of sending any auxillary device oil feed if you needed. In my case, I am installed a supercharger and needed a decent oil source feed, so rather than getting all messy and tearing apart my stock oil pressure switch to "T" in, I bought this lid. Granted it's $100, it's not cheap. However the VAC taps for oil pressure stock switch is $50 - $80 depending on motor, and this lid also serves cosmetically. Is it worth it? You decide. I, however, really like having my oil lines so short and sweet.

thats my stock (sand blasted and painted black)

that's the new with the oil line hooked up for the s/c (test fit)

And a full engine bay pic with the lid installed.

It includes 2 1/4" NPT plugs so if you wanted, you could run it just cosmetically. Check it out if you're going to be installing an oil pressure gauge or the like!

That's cool. It also saves me money since my car doesn't have the canister.

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

Very nice. 2 questions:
    Does the oil filter fit on the same way?
    Anyone know if the canister is the same on the 535?
    Mike S.
    1992 535iM black/black
    1997 540iM white/gray
    Retired: 89 535iA, 85 318i

<<Support your local autobahn, stay out of the left lane!>>

Default who u getting s/c from...

....i'm interested to know more.... how many miles on your M50, who installing s/c at what psi? auto or manual tranny? thx. rob.

oh like your stock black cover and new one too!

Quote Originally Posted by RobPatt
    ....i'm interested to know more.... how many miles on your M50, who installing s/c at what psi? auto or manual tranny? thx. rob.

oh like your stock black cover and new one too!

@ Mikemaster:

The canister on a 535i (m30) uses a different lid than the M50, I know because I originally tried to weld a fitting to my stock one, blew holes through it, then went to replace it with a M30 lid and it didn't fit.

@RobPatt:

It's an ASA supercharger I already purchased, it's used by Alpina in their supercharged cars. I am personally installing and building the entire kit. 170k on an M50 non vanos (considerably stronger than other M50s) @ 6.5psi on a manual transmission. Good for about 290hp.

looks good, I want one. Do you use the same stock oil filters or different?

Default This may seem like a stupid question , but wouldn't you want

filtered oil for your supercharger instead of unfiltered? I'm under the impression that the outside where those fittings come from is unfiltered.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon K
    Hey guys. Just got my UUC Motorwerks Oil Center M50/S50 and S52 oil filter lid replacement. This lid is made of billet aluminum, engraved with "UUC MOTORWERKS" and "25nm Max" so when you need to know the torque when chanigng oil you don't over torque The most important part of this lid, is that it is tapped for two 1/4" NPT outputs. These are common output sizes for oil temperature senders, oil pressure senders, and obviously a good way of sending any auxillary device oil feed if you needed. In my case, I am installed a supercharger and needed a decent oil source feed, so rather than getting all messy and tearing apart my stock oil pressure switch to "T" in, I bought this lid. Granted it's $100, it's not cheap. However the VAC taps for oil pressure stock switch is $50 - $80 depending on motor, and this lid also serves cosmetically. Is it worth it? You decide. I, however, really like having my oil lines so short and sweet.

thats my stock (sand blasted and painted black)

that's the new with the oil line hooked up for the s/c (test fit)

And a full engine bay pic with the lid installed.

It includes 2 1/4" NPT plugs so if you wanted, you could run it just cosmetically. Check it out if you're going to be installing an oil pressure gauge or the like!

I want this feature

"The most important part of this lid, is that it is tapped for two 1/4" NPT outputs. These are common output sizes for oil temperature senders, oil pressure senders, and obviously a good way of sending any auxillary device oil feed if you needed".

that was my thought too

Quote Originally Posted by Bill R.
    filtered oil for your supercharger instead of unfiltered? I'm under the impression that the outside where those fittings come from is unfiltered.
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

that just looks fast going nowhere even. i like muchly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast