Got down to see Bruno on Sat. finally and got some parts and good info. You may remember my last couple of posts have been inquiring about some tranny problems I'm having. After a reset over a week and half ago, the car has been running good. No problems down to Bruno's and back, Well now today the car won't shift past 3rd gear again!!!!! It holds in 2nd for a ridiculously long time and then goes into 3rd, I think, or assume as the needle on the tach finally drops a bit, but there is almost no audible indication that it has gone into third. I told Bruno what had been going on and he thought it sounded like the car was locked in sport mode. I was thinking tonight, what about that one badly cross threaded spark plug I have (some of you may recall that post as well). What would happen if that plug was pooched and not firing? Would the car even run? I'm not sure what to do next with this car, should I be looking for a good automotive electrician, or should I keep looking for a tranny guy, as the couple that I have talked to already don't seem to keen on tackling the problem. If this is a solenoid issue, would a rebuilt come with its' own solenoids or are they seperate from the tranny?
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, sorry for the wordy post.