GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: trunk hinge wires

Default trunk hinge wires

[B]So I am having some fuse issues and someone (thank you) suggested I check the trunk hing wires to see if there is any damaged wires. I did find three wires that look as though they have been cut (by a tool. The break is clean for all three) and I am not sure if I should reattach them. It is one white wire, one blue and one blue with a yellow stripe.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the trunk hinge or know where I can get one?

Thanks,

Michael

I have 2 disconnected wires there. I know 1 is the wire that sends the signal to lock all the doors from the trunk key slot. I think the other is the passenger side trunk light. I just haven't gotten around to getting them lined up correctly and reconnecting them. I don't think either is one of the wires you are describing.

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

Default The only issue i have

Quote Originally Posted by uscharalph
    I have 2 disconnected wires there. I know 1 is the wire that sends the signal to lock all the doors from the trunk key slot. I think the other is the passenger side trunk light. I just haven't gotten around to getting them lined up correctly and reconnecting them. I don't think either is one of the wires you are describing.

Is one of my reverse lights doesn't work and my keyless entry system will just stop working for no reason (until I reset it). Perhaps one of them is the culprit.

Michael

I can look tonight when I get home in the Bentley Book..

-Charles

Default Also had this problem!

I had this problem as well- centrl locking kept popping up again! Found a couple of broken wires which were making intermittent contact- soldered them and wrapped them up well and problem was solved!

Default Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dacoyote
    I can look tonight when I get home in the Bentley Book..

-Charles
    I appreciate it...

Default Thanks Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve525
    I had this problem as well- centrl locking kept popping up again! Found a couple of broken wires which were making intermittent contact- soldered them and wrapped them up well and problem was solved!
    If I can't figure out what these wires are for, that is exactly what I am going to do.

Default Just splice them by color, they were cut apart ...

by the effect of the opening-closing movement associated with the hinge. Also check the rest of the wires, as insulation can be damaged and causing shorts to ground, blowing some fuses!!!! You may want to follow the wires some distance along both sides of the hinge.

F21? feeds the Red/White wire powering the trunk lid lights. Check also for this wire insulation integrity.

Blue/Yellow is backup lights, White, Blue, White/Blue, White/Green/Yellow, and Red/Black are Lock related. Guess your trunk lock was not electrically working.

Javier

Default Electric trunk lock?

Quote Originally Posted by Javier
    by the effect of the opening-closing movement associated with the hinge. Also check the rest of the wires, as insulation can be damaged and causing shorts to ground, blowing some fuses!!!! You may want to follow the wires some distance along both sides of the hinge.

F21? feeds the Red/White wire powering the trunk lid lights. Check also for this wire insulation integrity.

Blue/Yellow is backup lights, White, Blue, White/Blue, White/Green/Yellow, and Red/Black are Lock related. Guess your trunk lock was not electrically working.

Javier
    Guess it wasn't working because I never knew it was an option since it hasn't worked since I bought the car. Thanks for the info Javier, I really appreciate it. Proves once again why I need to by the Bentley manual

Cool you have a function you didn't know you had!

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast