I just finished installing rotors and pads on all four corners of my '95 530i. In case someone else is going to take on this job, I wanted to pass on a few bits of info.

Do yourself a favor and get a hex bit for your socket wrench for the caliper bolts. The allen wrench that came with your IKEA furniture is no match.

The carrier bolts for the rears are 15mm. Don't even think of going after these bolts or the bigger ones in the front (19 mm) without a 1/2 inch socket wrench.

By yourself an impact driver to remove the rotor set screws. The rear set screws came out OK but the ones in the front (yes, they are different) were very stubborn. After nearly erasing the edges of the bolt hole with allen keys, I borrowed an impact driver and a BFH from a nearby mechanic. A few whacks and that pesky screw came right out.

Don't gentle the anti-rattle spring clips. Grap a flat edge screwdriver and go to town on these bad boys especially the fronts. They're nearly impossible to damage and nearly impossible to remove unless you get tough with them.

After removing the carrier bolts, the caliper should slide right out. If it doesn't, get a screwdriver between the rotor and the pad on the piston side and gently but firmly give it some pressure on the top and bottom. This will compress the piston just a hair but more than enough to make that caliper ease right out.