GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I got some parts from BMR today another rant

Default I got some parts from BMR today another rant

am I happy, yes and no. Here's the order. It took about 7 weeks to get here (boat - cheap shipping) after it was sent. I was getting worried it would never arrive and even asked Scott H to give 'em a call for me. I paid aus$87 in duties and gst. I'm now thinking most orders over aus$250 will attract duties.

Yeah baby, 540 calipers front and rear

e34 oil cooler lines - sweet

There was no friggin oil cooler with the order. It went "missing". Since I live in Australia, should BMR send me one out with them paying the shipping costs, or whats the deal? I have yet to e-mail them to tell them about it. I just want some feedback from here. I noticed it did say two packages on the invoice, so I will have to see if the oil cooler was sent seperately. I don't know how many packages where sent. I don't know why they would send 2 though.
    Last edited by BigKriss; 10-29-2005 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKriss
    am I happy, yes and no. Here's the order. It took about 7 weeks to get here (boat - cheap shipping) after it was sent. I was getting worried it would never arrive and even asked Scott H to give 'em a call for me. I paid aus$87 in duties and gst. I'm now thinking most orders over aus$250 will attract duties.

There was no friggin oil cooler with the order. It went "missing". Since I live in Australia, should BMR send me one out with them paying the shipping costs, or whats the deal? I have yet to e-mail them to tell them about it. I just want some feedback from here. I noticed it did say two packages on the invoice, so I will have to see if the oil cooler was sent seperately. I don't know how many packages where sent. I don't know why they would send 2 though.
    Sometimes there can be a weight or size limit on an individual package so they split the order up into two or more packages. This means that these two packages may become seperated in transit and not actually arrive together. It doesn't necessarily mean it's lost, it may turn up later. If it doesn't then you either have to rely on insurance (if the item was insured) or the goodwill of the sender if they believe that you didn't receive the item and for the sake of good customer relations, choose to rectify the situation by sending another one. Not really enforcable however if they refuse and you have no insurance. Good luck!.... At least we all know where to go for a beer and to talk Bimmer **** next time we're in NSW!
    Last edited by pundit; 07-19-2005 at 07:03 AM.

1990 E34 535iA, 215,000kms (130,000 miles).
    Dual Climate, Rear Headrests, Rollerblind, M-Tech Wheel,
    Memory Seats, EAT Chip, T-Stars.

Default Those oil cooler lines,

they don't look much like the e34 m30 oil cooler lines that I have.
    erased due to slander

Default Not to add to your complaint list but most of these items are about the

same price or cheaper from Patrick or Yves at BMA.. with the exception of the used calipers

Yeah baby, 540 calipers front and rear

e34 oil cooler lines - sweet

Quote Originally Posted by Martin in Bellevue
    they don't look much like the e34 m30 oil cooler lines that I have.
    oh no, what are they off?

Default They look like 540 lines

oh no, what are they off?

they don't look familiar to me, maybe v8 or v12 lines to the oil filter housing, i could be wrong but they don't look long enough
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

I am still very wary about used parts which are involved in the performance of the car.

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

Default If you look in the etk at the 95 540 in the engine section you'll

see them with the oil filter housing... they use those goofy snaplock type connectors on one end..I can't post any pics now otherwise i would to show you...

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    they don't look familiar to me, maybe v8 or v12 lines to the oil filter housing, i could be wrong but they don't look long enough

Quote Originally Posted by Bill R.
    see them with the oil filter housing... they use those goofy snaplock type connectors on one end..I can't post any pics now otherwise i would to show you...
    Probably something like this bill

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...11&fg=30&hl=10

I tried to look for numbers on the oil lines, its very hard to read, however i read 1702922 on one of the lines and item 6 came up it the etk link I gave you. I pretty sure now it's items 5 and 6. they sure look similar. thanks for pointing that out to me gentlemen. i'm doomed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast