GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Electric Window Stop

Default Electric Window Stop

95 525i
    Is there an electric switch that stops the window motor at the top of it's travel? My window goes up and the motor groans to a stop, while trying to split the door. This sometimes leads to the window not wanting to roll back down.

Still looking for some help here!

Default My memory is not that good but I believe that the microswitch thats in

the window is only the limit the downward travel not the upward.. I also think that the amp draw through the general module is what cuts it off on the upward travel

Quote Originally Posted by joandjo
    Still looking for some help here!

Default Limit switch identification.

Limit switches are:

RR window S46 Connector X721
    LR window S45 Connector X715
    RF window S44 Connector X743
    LF window S43 Connector X750
    I’ve included some location view for the drivers door so you can reference for any other door.

Switch is open when window closes.

If you need help for disassembling the door trimming, just let me know, I can e-mail you some instructions.

Javier
    Attached Images Attached Images  

explain why my passenger window (only) goes up in 3 incriments, kinds like a pre set distance at a time. have to hit the button 3 times for it to go up all the way.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Default Electric Power protection relay.

I think Bill is right. I'm not sure if power protection works when going up or going down, but I think relay K15 is the one responsible for cutting off power when over current to window circuits is sensed in the General Module resistor between terminals 4 and 5. Relay K15 is under the rear seat (See pictures).

Javier

Attached Images Attached Images   

Default Over current in the window motor?

Jeff,

You may be having an over current condition in the motor for that window, may be the mechanism is sticky and draws too much power, or the motor is in bad shape!! Then the Electric Power protection shut off the power when you operate that window. Try to operate some other window without releasing the switch to the problematic window, If none other works until you release the switches, it probably means the K15 is shooting of the power to the whole system. This is my best guess.

Javier

Default hmm if i follow that ill try tomorrow, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Javier
    Jeff,

You may be having an over current condition in the motor for that window, may be the mechanism is sticky and draws too much power, or the motor is in bad shape!! Then the Electric Power protection shut off the power when you operate that window. Try to operate some other window without releasing the switch to the problematic window, If none other works until you release the switches, it probably means the K15 is shooting of the power to the whole system. This is my best guess.

Javier

95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Thanks for the help everyone! I'll try it this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Javier
    I think Bill is right. I'm not sure if power protection works when going up or going down, but I think relay K15 is the one responsible for cutting off power when over current to window circuits is sensed in the General Module resistor between terminals 4 and 5. Relay K15 is under the rear seat (See pictures).

Javier