GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: A/C charged fixed the A/C button, but

Default A/C charged fixed the A/C button, but

while the wagon was at the shop, they told me the Aux Fan is ceased up. I'm going to tackle that myself and wanted to know if anyone had any advice on this repair. It looks like the whole front bumber cover and grill assembly needs to come off, is that the case?

After I get the Aux Fan replaced, I have a oil pan leak to tend to, finish up putting new upper and lower control arms on, and fix the seat twistie problem. Trying to get this thing back in shape after driving it hard for the last 3 years and not doing much to it other than oil changes. I know the Self Leveling is not working either, and I'm not sure if I am going to eliminate it or fix the accumulators. I haven't seen any of the after market part shops like BMA, etc carry the Self Leveling rear struts, so I am guessing those are a dealer purchase item with steep price tag.

Someone mentioned a registry of wagons, which would be great. I'd really like to see a site dedicated to the restoration of the later model 5 series.

Thanks in advance for any comments...

The Aux Fan replacement is an easy job, but it would've been nice of the shop to tell you that it didn't work before they charged the A/C. Plus, without a working aux fan, I'd be impressed if the vent temp hit 65 degrees. Maybe when under way and with high RPMs Either way, having to work around a charged system isn't that big of a deal, but merits some extra caution.

Front bumper removal is covered on Fong's web site: http://home.comcast.net/%7Efongman1/. Only tools you should need are a long flat blade screwdriver, trim remover (can also be done with the screwdriver), 17mm socket. It's easier to take off and reinstall with two pairs of hands when doing it the first time around. Also, before replacing the fan, verify what the shop said to be true -- see if you can manually rotate the blades. The aux fan resistor is a common shortfall, and without a working one, the shop could conclude that the fan is "siezed", when in fact it is just a low speed issue. But the magnets also dislodge themselves, so the fan could be siezed.

best, whit

RU certain of oil pan leak, and even if your are why fix it? Leak prolly not oil pan and even if it is for $12 and half hour you can put a sanitary napkin on it that will soak up the leak.