GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Post car wash problem

Default Post car wash problem

I took my car to a car wash the other day. Later that day I when I went to drive it I noticed the drivers seat, steering column telescope and mirror adjuster no longer function. I checked fuses (even under the back seat) any suggestions?

Check the connections on the memory control unit, located beneath the driver's seat, mounted on the lower part of the frame. When the control module can't communicate with the accessory (seat, column), said accessory won't work. Failure of all memory accessories means that either the module has gone south or there's a problem with the wiring (probably to the module itself). Check to assure that all harnesses are correctly plugged in.

best, whit

Quote Originally Posted by lowell
    Check the connections on the memory control unit, located beneath the driver's seat, mounted on the lower part of the frame. When the control module can't communicate with the accessory (seat, column), said accessory won't work. Failure of all memory accessories means that either the module has gone south or there's a problem with the wiring (probably to the module itself). Check to assure that all harnesses are correctly plugged in.

best, whit
    thanks, will check the connection. Which module and were is it located that may have gone south? I did leave in the sun today and they all worked for a few min then back to the "nuetral" postions. It was 115 outside (maybe 150) inside the car. As the AC started to cool off they worked progresssively less and less until it cooled off completey inside and they failed to work at all. I was thinking that maybe some moisture was drying up that was causing a problem. DOnt know for sure.

What's meant by "they worked progressively less and less"? As in, the motor functions worked by they slowed DOWN or ?

The memory control unit is mounted under the driver's side front seat.

best, whit

Thanks, I meant that as the car interior cooled down the controls stopped working at all.

Default Thanks Whit

Whit,

Sorry for the belated gratitude. I solved the problem by un-pluging and re-pluging the seat memory mod under the seat. Works great. Thanks again

Aaron