GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got My Grunt Urethane Bushings

Default Got My Grunt Urethane Bushings

Hey guys well I decided im so freaking tired of shimmy (its back) after replacing my lower control arm bushings with 750i bushings. So I ordered Grunt urethane bushings. They came w/o any directions. They came with these metal sleeves seperate. I am assuming the sleeves go inside like the one is as I pictured. But is the OUTTER metal sleeve part of the bushings? Or, now thinking about it, is that part that the urethane bushing slides out of and into the control arm? I am somewhat confused here. My control arms are still in the car, so I haven't had a chance to look at it.

woohoo, a test subject! I can't wait to see how they hold up. Haven't some other people put these in? any 6/12month updates?

i'm pretty sure the metal sleeve stays on, both of them. But what do i know

I plan on using the M5 bushings and seeing how those do. Several people here have steered me away from urethane, otherwise i'd go with that.

Quote Originally Posted by infinity5
    woohoo, a test subject! I can't wait to see how they hold up. Haven't some other people put these in? any 6/12month updates?

i'm pretty sure the metal sleeve stays on, both of them. But what do i know

I plan on using the M5 bushings and seeing how those do. Several people here have steered me away from urethane, otherwise i'd go with that.

These arent the rock solid hard urethane you think they are. They're hard, but not like lego plastic hard... we'll see.

grunt bushings are okay but i'm thinking these are the best kind

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=12164

it says on the tin "80A". that's a very soft type of eurethane, well softer than your typical stuff. when it's hard you can still compress it in your hand compared to 93/94A which we use for normal bushes. They go rock solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon K
    Hey guys well I decided im so freaking tired of shimmy (its back) after replacing my lower control arm bushings with 750i bushings. So I ordered Grunt urethane bushings. They came w/o any directions. They came with these metal sleeves seperate. I am assuming the sleeves go inside like the one is as I pictured. But is the OUTTER metal sleeve part of the bushings? Or, now thinking about it, is that part that the urethane bushing slides out of and into the control arm? I am somewhat confused here. My control arms are still in the car, so I haven't had a chance to look at it.

yep, the small sleeve goes in the centre and the bigger one on the outside stays there. you push the whole thing into the arm.

Default Yeah, 80 durometer fill.

I was just going for isolating rubber movement. Still haven't gotten around to their install, as they aren't yet needed. These however, cannot be moved by hand & do not take a fingernail imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by Rory535i
    it says on the tin "80A". that's a very soft type of eurethane, well softer than your typical stuff. when it's hard you can still compress it in your hand compared to 93/94A which we use for normal bushes. They go rock solid.
    erased due to slander

Quote Originally Posted by Martin in Bellevue
    These however, cannot be moved by hand.
    sorry, i meant before they have any sleeves over them or in them

Default I have em...

The Grunts hold up fine mine have been in for a year now. Thing is my car still 'shimmies' under brakes down hills, but I am too lazy to replace the lowers, which are also 17 years old.... they are on the list- and I've an order worth over $500 in for 'em atm after that I'll report how it all 'feels' GP

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

Quote Originally Posted by genphreak
    The Grunts hold up fine mine have been in for a year now. Thing is my car still 'shimmies' under brakes down hills, but I am too lazy to replace the lowers, which are also 17 years old.... they are on the list- and I've an order worth over $500 in for 'em atm after that I'll report how it all 'feels' GP

Any squeaks that these people talk of? Grunts site says no squeaks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast