GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Factory Raidio

Default Factory Raidio

Allright fella's I need a little healp please... I have been working on a 1990 525i for some weeks lately. I purchased this car for my daughter and am trying to get everything ship shape before she gets her licence. I disconnected the battery to reset the computer to help with idle problems I have had. Now the radio proudly displays "code" and dosent work. I enterd the code found on the pocket card in the glove box but no dice. Yes I enterd it properly and yes I even left the power on for atleast one hour at the correct settings. I removed the radio today and it seams that it had been changed in 1999. So I wrote down some #'s I found on it,can someone out there look this up and give me a working code????pleeeeeaaasssseee.
    Spec No /xh/us
    Fcc ID
    AJD4DIKE-83ZBM
    If any other #'s needed let me know where to get them from and will post.
    Thanks guys

Try calling a BMW dealership, give them the #s you have and they can get the code. they gave me my code on my 325iC when I didn't have it. You might have to supply proof of ownership (others have stated this).

Default $$$$

yea but $50 is alot for a code for a cassete AM/FM. Add another $20 ontop of that and she has a new cd player.

I just walked into the local dealership's service department with the radio in hand. As a (FREE) service they pulled it right up on their computer. The need the serial number of the radio. From your FCC # I can tell your head unit is the Pioneer KE-83zbm. The same one as mine.

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

I didn't pay anything for the code.

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

Do you have the trunk cd changer? if not you should just get a cd player from best buy or something. I'm sure your daughter has impressive cd collection she'd like to be able to listen to on the go

same here. just walked in and showed id 2 minutes later a code. they even set it up for me .

Get the serial number, post it, and I'll see if I can get the code for you.

best, whit
    Last edited by Kalevera; 07-13-2005 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mulebiscuit
    yea but $50 is alot for a code for a cassete AM/FM. Add another $20 ontop of that and she has a new cd player.
    False advertising can draw you in for a low priced name brand player, but the drawback the merchant will sell you the wire harness for $40 or so, in essence still the same friggin price at any other store. The wire harness is standard part of the equipment ftom the factory, JUST BE AWARE!!, learned of it shopping for a player for another car.