GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My e34 EXPERIENCE...

With my partner Frank in Gulfport Mississippi.

Default My e34 EXPERIENCE...

Well, as you guys know, I have been asking alot of questions on making my car better, and sort of a new car. Well, I am going to nursing school, I havent even started (This fall i start). Well, once ive started, Frank wants to buy me a new car for getting into school. So when I went to grady bmw to have my alarm put in, I looked over a few cars. I DO NOT LIKE THE INTERIOR OF THE NEW BMWs !!!! and I would not dare drive anything other than a bimmer. So, I told him, I want a new engine, exaust, interior fixed, body worked on, underbody, and a few things to upgrade to bring the technology up to speed, lighting, wheels, brakes, etc. I have an idea of wich engine I want, bavarian engine exchange sells the performance version of the 2.5. I think that with the performance engine, the headers, exaust, MAF conversion, chip, upgraded brakes (havent decided on those) I should have a really sporty car. I dont want a race car, I just want to take the best car, and bring it up to todays speed, wich it already is, but even more so. So I am so sorry for rambling, Im a libra im good at that, I will let you guys get on with it. Any suggestions on this project would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much guys!!
    Stephen Merrill

Quote Originally Posted by bimmerboi18
    ...So I am so sorry for rambling, Im a libra im good at that...
    HAHAHAHAAA!!!

So am I, and you've hit the nail fair on the head with the libran rambling thing!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Gone but NEVER forgotten. :'(

And then...

Hmmm... ever thought about selling the Bimmer and buying a Rambler?

Seriously, I trust you've got plenty of funds available if you plan on doing all these things. If your car needs a lot of work overall, it would make sense to simply to buy a later lower milage E34 that needs less work and tweak that a little.

What about a 540 6 speed for instance?
    Last edited by pundit; 07-10-2005 at 10:01 PM.

1990 E34 535iA, 215,000kms (130,000 miles).
    Dual Climate, Rear Headrests, Rollerblind, M-Tech Wheel,
    Memory Seats, EAT Chip, T-Stars.

Sweet, dude...I love this thread already.

Try Metric Mechanic for the motor....Pundit makes a good point about the sanity of this project, but at the same time -- I wouldn't get rid of Fritz for anything, so I can understand the illogic behind wanting to keep the car regardless.

All that stuff is doable, but it'll be more expensive if you don't want to -- or can't -- do it yourself or with the help of friends. It'll also take time.

best, whit

Quote Originally Posted by lowell
    ....Pundit makes a good point about the sanity of this project, but at the same time -- I wouldn't get rid of Fritz for anything, so I can understand the illogic behind wanting to keep the car regardless...
    Ahhhh after all the blood, sweat & tears you've put into Fritz....

Being an ex-mechanic I'm kinda cured of resurrecting cars from the edge of the abyss. So I decided to spend the money up front for something the didn't need a pile of work, rather than buy a 'bargain' and spend the extra money (and all my weekends) doing a restoration job. Still some people drill holes in their kneecaps for pleasure!

Still maybe Whit could add to his Sach kit install guide and write the definative guide to restoring a BMW E34! Maybe you could video it and put it on cable TV?
    Just think you could sell the rights and recoup some of your costs!
    Last edited by pundit; 07-11-2005 at 06:02 AM.

1990 E34 535iA, 215,000kms (130,000 miles).
    Dual Climate, Rear Headrests, Rollerblind, M-Tech Wheel,
    Memory Seats, EAT Chip, T-Stars.

Yeah, instead of all that I'd be looking for a later model E34, probably a 5 or 6 speed manual transmission with lower miles on the clock.

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

I'm with you on not liking the leather in the new ones. Look synthetic. The rest of the interior is not that attractive either. Sat in the stealership many hours on Thursday and thought I like the styling of mine much better exterior and interior.

I was having the same thought about bringing our 525 up to standards. Bought a lower miles 535 instead and I love it.

Good luck.

Gayle
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

With my partner Frank in Gulfport Mississippi.

Default Getting an M5...

Quote Originally Posted by pundit
    Ahhhh after all the blood, sweat & tears you've put into Fritz....

Being an ex-mechanic I'm kinda cured of resurrecting cars from the edge of the abyss. So I decided to spend the money up front for something the didn't need a pile of work, rather than buy a 'bargain' and spend the extra money (and all my weekends) doing a restoration job. Still some people drill holes in their kneecaps for pleasure!

Still maybe Whit could add to his Sach kit install guide and write the definative guide to restoring a BMW E34! Maybe you could video it and put it on cable TV?
    Just think you could sell the rights and recoup some of your costs!
    Well, ok, what kind of an m5 could i get for about 20-25 grand? Could I get a low mileage 3.8?? I really would love to get an m5.

Default M (stands for money) x 5 = ///M5

just something to think about

http://www.kormanfastbmw.com/

If you're looking to replace the engine, take a look at Korman.
    Great Rep, Great Product! They're located in Greensboro, NC and do full restorations.
    -ashley

'92 525iA / 179k miles / Born 3.92 / ABS / No ASC / stock / North Carolina

Paper Gaskets Suck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast