GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone have 1 front bilstein so I can send a bad one in?

Default anyone have 1 front bilstein so I can send a bad one in?

95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

bumpety bump?

just 1 sport.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Call them. They send you a new one, you send back the old with a copy of your receipt. They only charge your credit card if the shock is either not bad, or your receipt is fake. Thats what I did with mine.

I already called them, no way they are sendin a new one without getting the one in my car even with the failure pictures.

Once this BS is over ill put together at least a bunch of links on how to chop the bumpstops...pretty painless actually as long as both have em, tha bad one was like redish sawdust and oil.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

Why won't they send you a new one? They've done it for many people. They take your credit card number and if you don't send back a busted one and a copy of your receipt, they charge it. Don't know why you are having such difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_525i
    Why won't they send you a new one? They've done it for many people. They take your credit card number and if you don't send back a busted one and a copy of your receipt, they charge it. Don't know why you are having such difficulty.
    Because Bilstein is a company that refuses to accept the belief that their product can fail. CONSIDER YOURSELF VERY LUCKY ALAN. I HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO GET A WARRANTY REPLACEMENT W/O SUBMITTING THE POS STRUT INSERT FIRST.

I'll have to agree with PML here, first they say they dont make a sport for my car then they tell me if i send it in they will inspect it...meanwhile Im without a car...not nice.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

Default They are not the only ones...

Quote Originally Posted by pmlmotorsports
    Because Bilstein is a company that refuses to accept the belief that their product can fail. CONSIDER YOURSELF VERY LUCKY ALAN. I HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO GET A WARRANTY REPLACEMENT W/O SUBMITTING THE POS STRUT INSERT FIRST.
    I had issues with tokico on my Z ... they failed from the shaft pitting and they only gave me crap.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by pmlmotorsports
    Interesting. I really had no trouble at all with them. Next time around I'm doing Konis though.

if you are looking for just a shock insert.....

well, if i look at home, i MIGHT be able to find one of your boges at one of my sheds or workspaces, im just not sure where it is. it would take time, i got one apart, so that takes one out of the pic for you. if you are looking for a bilstein.....no help here.

if you are really stuck without a car, i know that some places will sell kyb's for about 30 each or so, but you'd probably have to drive around to find one with 22mm shock nut, et cetera.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast