GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LED Light Bulbs - Exterior

Now that's an intelligently designed LED bulb. Had I not seen that I'd have trotted out the line about them being a point source of light in a cluster designed to reflect light form the side & back of an ordinary bulb.

So... interesting, interesting...

sometimes when i leave my lights on the dash will instantly tell "lights on?", other times it willt ake 3-4 full seconds for the message to come on.. its every odd.

I'm perfectly happy with the stock bulbs.

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

Quote Originally Posted by infinity5
    sometimes when i leave my lights on the dash will instantly tell "lights on?", other times it willt ake 3-4 full seconds for the message to come on.. its every odd.

Sometimes I will get LOW BEAM (HID) and F/Fog Light (HID) sometimes i wont. On or off. I have a theory for this... i took the ccm apart and its all resistors... resistors lose Q over both time and in heat. Thus, the ccm trips as the resistors become less or more resistant and or the car is hotter / weather is hotter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon K
    Sometimes I will get LOW BEAM (HID) and F/Fog Light (HID) sometimes i wont. On or off. I have a theory for this... i took the ccm apart and its all resistors... resistors lose Q over both time and in heat. Thus, the ccm trips as the resistors become less or more resistant and or the car is hotter / weather is hotter.
    sure, because the resistance of a H1 55 watts bulb is not the same as the one from the ballast box, so the ccm think they're out. try to find a LKM-L from the manufacturer Loewe, not Hella! should solve the problem.
    greets from Germany,
    Kai

A BMW is a black car with most rights in road traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai@e34.de
    sure, because the resistance of a H1 55 watts bulb is not the same as the one from the ballast box, so the ccm think they're out. try to find a LKM-L from the manufacturer Loewe, not Hella! should solve the problem.

No. I am saying. with my light switch off, sometimes i get the LOW BEAM fault, sometimes not. the CCM doesn't check until you turn them on. Also, with my old CCM i'd get BRAKE LT CIRCUIT, even after replacing the brake light switch.

Interesting jon, that makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by Jon K
    No. I am saying. with my light switch off, sometimes i get the LOW BEAM fault, sometimes not. the CCM doesn't check until you turn them on. Also, with my old CCM i'd get BRAKE LT CIRCUIT, even after replacing the brake light switch.
    wrong, at least the LKM-L checks _all_ lights already when they're switched off. definately. although, how i said, try to get an LKM-L from Loewe (mostly used in newer E32). at least in the ECE models, this LKM-L gives no error message with HID installed on the low beam. also, the LKM checks the lights. not the CCM.
    greets from Germany,
    Kai

A BMW is a black car with most rights in road traffic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12