GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Group buy................

Default Group buy................

Check out this group buy we've started with Matt, go here: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...4&goto=newpost

Keith

Hey. I was just about to post this. Group buy for HID lights!!!! For those that are too lazy to move over and look.

Yes, H1 and 9006 are available.

5 people $260
    10 people $250
    15 people $240 <-- low as we'll go.

These will be "open box" - non retail packaging kits.

what does that mean?????

It means, you don't pay for a pretty box, tie wraps, and some mounting tabs (that are totally unnecessary).

What do you get:
    Lifetime warranty Prolumen Ballasts and Ignitors.
    5 year warranty ProLumen Bulbs (effectively lifetime)
    Wiring Adapters for the H1 (9006s do not need them)
    And a booklet for wiring (though you really don't need it).

www.KaRealtySF.com
    Build Date: 05-1995 /Engine: m50tu /Automatic Transmission /ABS /NO ASC /Open Differential /EAT Chip

Quote Originally Posted by liquidtiger720
    Hey. I was just about to post this. Group buy for HID lights!!!! For those that are too lazy to move over and look.

Yes, H1 and 9006 are available.

5 people $260
    10 people $250
    15 people $240 <-- low as we'll go.

These will be "open box" - non retail packaging kits.

what does that mean?????

It means, you don't pay for a pretty box, tie wraps, and some mounting tabs (that are totally unnecessary).

What do you get:
    Lifetime warranty Prolumen Ballasts and Ignitors.
    5 year warranty ProLumen Bulbs (effectively lifetime)
    Wiring Adapters for the H1 (9006s do not need them)
    And a booklet for wiring (though you really don't need it).
    5000k is TOO BLUE, you will not get the brightness you are expecting from that high a rating. There is a reason why BMW, Lexus, Audi, Mercedes, etc have chosen 4000k-4300k. BE CAREFUL!!!! These are made in Taiwan, not exactly known for the high quality standards of the European or Japanese companies. To each his own, but anything over 4300K is not bright, just blue or purple and will make your night driving a real "experience" .....kinda like having black-lights in a nightclub (t-shirts glow a light purple) and it has the same effect on street signs and highway signs......you've been warned

PS, no Josh, it does not mean you can use your 9006 bulbs, than swap'em out for H1s. Two different bulbs entirely.

Ohhh, I knew that didnt sound right.

www.KaRealtySF.com
    Build Date: 05-1995 /Engine: m50tu /Automatic Transmission /ABS /NO ASC /Open Differential /EAT Chip

TC535i Guest

Hey Keith, I can get this stuff cheaper, and you won't have to deal with Matt (but we won't go there...)

Hit me up.

Quote Originally Posted by pmlmotorsports
    5000k is TOO BLUE, you will not get the brightness you are expecting from that high a rating. There is a reason why BMW, Lexus, Audi, Mercedes, etc have chosen 4000k-4300k. BE CAREFUL!!!! These are made in Taiwan, not exactly known for the high quality standards of the European or Japanese companies. To each his own, but anything over 4300K is not bright, just blue or purple and will make your night driving a real "experience" .....kinda like having black-lights in a nightclub (t-shirts glow a light purple) and it has the same effect on street signs and highway signs......you've been warned

PS, no Josh, it does not mean you can use your 9006 bulbs, than swap'em out for H1s. Two different bulbs entirely.

Well, I've got to tell you that the 5000k's that were tried in my car sure didn't seem THAT blue to me.
    We tried the yellowish 3000k's just for fun (very bright, but no yellow for me) the 5000k's and the 6000k's and I like the 5000k's the best.
    Now obviously this was done in the middle of the day and the car facing inside the shop, but I really didn't see any blue at all.
    When I croutched down and looked at my 9006's head on and then the 5000k's head on, I couldn't believe the difference.

I'm no expert, just trying to get a brighter light, my wife drives this car out in the country (very dark two lane road) to the winery and she/we need some brighter lights without spending an arm and a leg.

If anyone has any "brighter" ideas, please speak up!

Keith - '95 540

Quote Originally Posted by TC535i
    Hey Keith, I can get this stuff cheaper, and you won't have to deal with Matt (but we won't go there...)

Hit me up.
    Tim, check your PM.

Keith

I'm really wanting to do HID's now. Although the H1's with euro projectors are a little better than the US ellipsoids, I still want some better light. If there are better deals out there, then I will definitely go a different route. I've never been a fan of Umnitzas sales tactics anyway.

1992 525i 5 speed (Calypso/Parchment) - 1989 525iA (Schwartz/Natur) SOLD

How about just getting higher wattage 9006's? For my daughter, and a friend that have E34's I'd just like to get the higher wattage light bulbs. They are not the type that want to buy the expensive HID, and they are not really interested in it's coolness. But, I was just about to buy some 9006's for them from Bav Auto, and they do not sell the higher wattage bulbs anymore. What's with that! Anyone know where to get some 85 watt 9006's?

A Bimmer Nut for sure: '04 530im (current daily driver), '97 m3, '98 323is, '99 Z3, '01 740iL, '06 330cicm zhp, '02 R1150R, '69 r60, Owner/Operator of www.Bimmer.info and www.BimmerNut.com
    And I still maintain: '90 535im (sold to daughters best friend, one of my favorite bimmers), '92 525im (daughters other best friend now drives this one).

Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer Nut Ed
    How about just getting higher wattage 9006's? For my daughter, and a friend that have E34's I'd just like to get the higher wattage light bulbs. They are not the type that want to buy the expensive HID, and they are not really interested in it's coolness. But, I was just about to buy some 9006's for them from Bav Auto, and they do not sell the higher wattage bulbs anymore. What's with that! Anyone know where to get some 85 watt 9006's?
    I too am not interested in the "coolness" factor (as I posted here before:I'm no expert, just trying to get a brighter light, my wife drives this car out in the country (very dark two lane road) to the winery and she/we need some brighter lights without spending an arm and a leg.)

I just want some brighter lights, I currently have the Phillips 9005BV (BlueVision) in the car now and they first of all aren't blue and they are VERY dull next to these 5000k's that we tried.
    Hell, I took out the Sylvania 9006HB4's (51 watt) and put put in these Phillip BV's (which are 65 watt) about two years ago and it's still not enough.

We'll see.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast